Oct 22, 2018, 04:22 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
wow , no covering , that is a huge win !!
Nice to see you guys honoring your pops, great to build something with an emotional tie !

Thanks for the comments on the A26 , I simply could not fly it clean and tidy lol !
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2018, 10:09 AM
I've got a kit of the Bomber Boys B-24. Fiberglass fuse and foam wing. I may build it one of these days but this is a retirement type of undertaking.

carl
Dec 06, 2018, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc
Finally VQ is listening to there customer and offering there plane with out the covering so we can now customize it to our preference. The Robart gear is pricey but it be easy to make your own struts and save a ton of $$$. The electric retract is just standard tri 90* gear set. But I'm going RCGF 10cc gassers plenty of power!
Speaking as someone who has owned that engine: You might want to buy just one...and then form your own judgement.

I returned mine.

If that engine actually ran well enough to put in a plane it would be a great choice ......but...it doesn't.
Dec 15, 2018, 12:12 PM
I love Corsairs!
I plan on buying one once they are available. They will be sending me the PDF manual in a few weeks.
Dec 23, 2018, 09:09 AM
Eye of The Storm
I didn't see what variant this VQ B-24 Liberator is modeled after. I am searching from a phone so I might have missed it.

It would be nice to have but would need bigger transportation needs on my end.

My father flew over 20 missions in the B-24 Liberator as a nose gunner in the ETO. The usual Me 109's and FW-190's were the adversaries along with bouts with ME-262 jets on two of his missions. A couple of plane names come to mind that it could be modeled after from his missions are :Balls O'Fire, Sweet Sue, Body and Soul, Hustlin' Hussy, and Sky Chief amongst others. His notes list a Christmas Eve 1944 raid as being his worst in Sky Chief from flak. A write up I found has the plane being hit near the target, bomb load dropped on target, heading for home with #1 engine out, #4 feathered, #2 turbo out, and #2 and #3 leaking oil. Plane forced to land in France. Tomorrow it will be 74 years since all hell broke loose!

Miss you Dad!!!
Jan 10, 2019, 06:22 PM
Not all of us are here tiny foam weasels (yeah, I fly those too, but it's just a distraction from the *real* planes ); some of us are RCU refugees. Being one of them, I just could't resist getting in on this model. Looking forward to the delivery next month.

I had a cousin that was a crewmember on 24's in Europe, and had experiences that could easily be a film script (shot down, escaped, met a movie star, etc. etc.). Maybe if there's interest I'll post that story here sometime. Hopefully I can do this up as one of his planes.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:27 AM
Thread OP
Here a few of the bomb racks.
Jan 20, 2019, 01:30 AM
Those photos are all thumbnails...
Jan 28, 2019, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
Here look for yourself.
https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-b-...rf-olive-gray/
Jan 30, 2019, 10:29 AM
I'm curious to hear if anyone has received shipping notice yet. I'm interested in this but not sure about VQ quality.
Jan 30, 2019, 01:34 PM
Yesterday's update on the home page says that the container will arrive in Texas on 2/11, so no, no one will have received a shipping notice yet.

Can't speak to VQWarbirds quality, as this will be my first.
Jan 31, 2019, 11:31 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkalwishky
I plan on buying one once they are available. They will be sending me the PDF manual in a few weeks.
As soon as you get that PDF, could you shoot me a copy, or upload it here for us to read please?

I've had VQ stuff in the past, build is usually good (if a little heavy) but the finish can be a little too glossy.
Jan 31, 2019, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
I recently picked up a RCGF 15 cc engine I mounted it on my test stand swinging a 15 x10 prop it started very easy,idle is smooth going to mount it on a stick for flight & prop size testing. Will keep everyone posted.
Last edited by Aerogasrc; Jan 31, 2019 at 07:57 PM.
Jan 31, 2019, 07:05 PM
Aerogasrc, did you mean RCGF? I don't recall seeing RCCG before, and I can't find an online source for them...

One thing I'm already disappointed in this model about is it's size. If it were just a little bigger (probably 120-130" wingspan), you might be able to find an engine that would fit in the cowl without butchering it. As it is, it's either cut the cowls or go electric. Oh well...
Jan 31, 2019, 07:56 PM
Thread OP
Yeah My typo RCGF 15 cc

Quick Reply