Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Flyzone DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m

Flyzone's new DHC-2T Turbo Beaver is here for those that love its look and STOL capabilities.

Splash

A Scale Replica with STOL Capability

Flyzone's new DHC-2T Turbo Beaver is here for those that love its look and STOL capabilities. This model of the legendary bush plane is made from durable foam and has a 59" wingspan. You can get it as a receiver ready model, but with a Spektrum AR620 receiver for $149.99 with first shipments expected to arrive this winter.

Of course it has some nice scale features like the 3-blade prop, corrugation, rivits, cockpit and other details, but the highlight for me is that it includes both wheeled and float landing gear setups. You can switch from land to water whenever you want and this Turbo Beaver looks great on both. For the STOL capabilities, you get functional flaps to help slow it way down or take off in a short distance. It also has LED nav, anti-collision and landing lights so it will be fun to fly at dawn or dusk or even night time if you like.

Check out the Flyzone DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m Here

Thread Tools
Oct 15, 2018, 03:39 PM
killickb
killickb's Avatar
Had the Black/Orange version, floats only, and sold because I found rather boring. Now what do I do but pop for this version! The marketing people win every time ! This turbo version looks so much nicer, shape and color although the comments todate have included a few negative conotations. Again this will be a floatplane only for me. Never found that $150 price however.
Oct 15, 2018, 05:33 PM
Registered User
Panhead5496's Avatar
This looks very nice. I'm a boat/truck/smaller quads guy, but have been looking for a plane that has floats to fly on the lake in the evenings.

How hard would it be to add SAFE technology? Or something similar to help me fly.
Oct 16, 2018, 01:17 AM
Registered User
Digital Don's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
This looks very nice. I'm a boat/truck/smaller quads guy, but have been looking for a plane that has floats to fly on the lake in the evenings.

How hard would it be to add SAFE technology? Or something similar to help me fly.
Hi Panhead5496,

This plane doesn't really need stabilization, but on mine I used a Lemon Stabilizer Plus receiver I had on the bench. The Lemon unit can be programmed to provide stability like Spektrum's AS3X receivers and/or auto-leveling like the SAFE receivers Stabilization can also be turned completely off or always on. These functions can be assigned to a transmitter switch or programmed in the receiver. The amount of stabilization gain for each individual axis is controlled with pots on the receiver, and if you have an available channel, you can control 'master' gain on the transmitter

On my DX9, I have the flight mode switch programmed to stabilization off, and mild stabilization on with no self-leveling. Master gain is set on the rotary knob. The stabilizer makes the plane feel 'smoother' if it's windy but you still have to do the flying.

Don
Oct 16, 2018, 07:33 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Never found that $150 price however.
It was a "limited time offer" at Horizon and Tower--and it included a Spetrum AR620 Rx with free shipping. I bought one from Tower the day I found out about it (last Friday), but today when checking they are out of stock. BUT...they are still showing the price with a Mar availability. I will be surprised if that holds...Pete M
Oct 16, 2018, 02:59 PM
Registered User
Panhead5496's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don
Hi Panhead5496,

This plane doesn't really need stabilization, but on mine I used a Lemon Stabilizer Plus receiver I had on the bench. The Lemon unit can be programmed to provide stability like Spektrum's AS3X receivers and/or auto-leveling like the SAFE receivers Stabilization can also be turned completely off or always on. These functions can be assigned to a transmitter switch or programmed in the receiver. The amount of stabilization gain for each individual axis is controlled with pots on the receiver, and if you have an available channel, you can control 'master' gain on the transmitter

On my DX9, I have the flight mode switch programmed to stabilization off, and mild stabilization on with no self-leveling. Master gain is set on the rotary knob. The stabilizer makes the plane feel 'smoother' if it's windy but you still have to do the flying.

Don
Thank you for the help Don!

I am not the best flyer (ok, I'm somewhat bad!) but I have flown airplanes with SAFE and can keep them up the whole battery, just cruising around and doing some loops. I just like the fact that I can use flip a switch and have it self level while I get my bearings, which is all I would care for this plane to be able to do.

I will continue looking into it, but for the size and price it seems to fit what I want to do perfectly once I add a stabilizer receiver of some sort.
Oct 16, 2018, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Wierda's Avatar
I snagged up one of these as soon as I saw they were up for sale with the new spektrum receiver! I cannot believe how fast the first shipment sold out! Mustíve been a small shipment?
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Oct 17, 2018, 07:28 AM
Registered User
With the popularity and good reviews on the original Flyzone Beaver, this version had a primed audience ready to grab it (I am an example). The sale price and free Rx just made it easier to justify--lol...Pete M
Last edited by pmisuinas; Oct 17, 2018 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Corrected manufacturer...
Oct 17, 2018, 11:52 AM
Registered User
Panhead5496's Avatar
Well I pre ordered (backordered?) the plane from HH.

TowerHobbies was showing mid march delivery, HH said late winter 2019.

So is march winter? or is HH getting an earlier delivery?
Oct 17, 2018, 01:00 PM
Registered User
Wierda's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmisuinas
With the popularity and good reviews on the original FMS Beaver, this version had a primed audience ready to grab it (I am an example). The sale price and free Rx just made it easier to justify--lol...Pete M
Itís a Flyzone Beaver, The FMS one was not nearly as scale or nice looking as this one although the FMS was bigger
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Oct 17, 2018, 01:26 PM
Registered User
My bad, but I knew what I meant--lol...
Oct 17, 2018, 04:00 PM
Out Standing In The Field
RexGalore's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Well I pre ordered (backordered?) the plane from HH.

TowerHobbies was showing mid march delivery, HH said late winter 2019.

So is march winter? or is HH getting an earlier delivery?
March 20th is the first day of Spring, so I'd say they are the same delivery estimate for both.
Latest blog entry: Rare Bear
Oct 17, 2018, 04:39 PM
Registered User
I saw this on Friday and thought for sure this is gonna sell out. So I called My local Guy and he said he had one on the way. He said it was mine if I wanted. I try my best to buy from my local guy. He had it for the 150 price too. Then later Friday night it was sold out at Tower and Horizon. I'll pick it up Saturday and post pictures if you all want. This is the first foamy that I have been excited about in a while.

Low and Slow
Oct 19, 2018, 05:46 PM
Registered User
Wierda's Avatar
Assembled mine Yesterday, the wing fences were folded over from shipping and it took a while to get them to straighten back out, but besides that not too bad of a plane! The only thing that kind of bothers me is the silver main landing gear just doesn’t look right, should’ve been white like in the first set of photos
Last edited by Wierda; Oct 19, 2018 at 06:40 PM.
Oct 19, 2018, 11:25 PM
Registered User
Digital Don's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
Assembled mine Yesterday, the wing fences were folded over from shipping and it took a while to get them to straighten back out, but besides that not too bad of a plane! The only thing that kind of bothers me is the silver main landing gear just doesnít look right, shouldíve been white like in the first set of photos
The landing gear fairings would look even better in red...

Don


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Flyzone DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m BellairIntl Electric Plane Talk 380 Today 03:08 AM
Discussion Between the Flyzone and the Dynam? DHC-2 Beaver twlanoy Electric Plane Talk 4 Jun 16, 2016 07:21 AM
Help! Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver servo twitching millerjr88 Electric Plane Talk 2 Jun 08, 2016 12:39 PM