Sep 19, 2019, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronaut999
Hey if worst comes to worst you can always switch to full- scale glider flying. No electronic thingymajigs required. https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ers-withdrawal
All you need is a winning lottery ticket. (Or enough determination to design and build an ultralight motorglider.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
"I believe in fully cooperating with and fully complying with all applicable government regulations."
That's probably not even possible. Who are you quoting?

According to boston.com, it's illegal to bathe in Boston without a prescription, but it's also required before going to bed. Then there's the Massachusetts goatee license law. There's a law against blasphemy. Given that we're supposed to have religious freedom, I'm guessing it's hard to talk very long without blaspheming against some religion or other, however few adherents that particular one has. I wonder how FSM feels about discussing recipes for spaghetti. Or not talking like a pirate today, September 19. Is it really possible to talk like a pirate without blasphemy?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2019, 06:30 AM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
All you need is a winning lottery ticket. (Or enough determination to design and build an ultralight motorglider.)

That's probably not even possible. Who are you quoting?

According to boston.com, it's illegal to bathe in Boston without a prescription, but it's also required before going to bed. Then there's the Massachusetts goatee license law. There's a law against blasphemy. Given that we're supposed to have religious freedom, I'm guessing it's hard to talk very long without blaspheming against some religion or other, however few adherents that particular one has. I wonder how FSM feels about discussing recipes for spaghetti. Or not talking like a pirate today, September 19. Is it really possible to talk like a pirate without blasphemy?
I spit coffee all over the windshield heading to the Delaware contest this morning while reading this. Lincoln you are so eloquent!
Wally by Golly
Sep 20, 2019, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo
"I believe in fully cooperating with and fully complying with all applicable government regulations."

I too, am curious as to who you are quoting here. Regardless, it's become virtually impossible to go through your day to day routine without breaking some law or regulation which is a testimony to the government's insatiable appetite for writing more and more "laws" into the books to justify their existence and try to control the very ones who THEY should be answering to.

No one, has been or is "fully compliant". (Ever roll through a stop sign, broken the speed limit? ) I thank God for those "real men" who back in about 1775 decided "fully complying" with government regulations had become distasteful and a stumbling block to their pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness.

I for one, have become quite weary of being told by our "rulers" what I can and cannot do.

(Y'all don't worry about me, I'm already on some "list" they keep.)
Sep 20, 2019, 09:28 AM
Flew at a contest recently. During one round I caught a great thermal and went all the way up to 1,768 undefined altitude units. It was a great day for flying.
Sep 20, 2019, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderJim
Flew at a contest recently. During one round I caught a great thermal and went all the way up to 1,768 undefined altitude units. It was a great day for flying.
Well sure, I mean duh Jim, come on, I thought it was common knowledge one altitude unit = .226 ft.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:38 PM
Free as a bird now.
Ask a guy flying an r/c turbine jet how fast his jet is going, and he will tell you 199.9 mph.
Ask me how high my glider is, I'll tell you 399.9 feet.
Sep 20, 2019, 02:54 PM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Most turbines don't go as fast as people think they do.

I've only seen one or two that can actually hit 200
Sep 20, 2019, 03:33 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbound
(Y'all don't worry about me, I'm already on some "list" they keep.)
Lucky you, I have a black SUV in sight whenever I am outside . . . ;>)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbound
Regardless, it's become virtually impossible to go through your day to day routine without breaking some law or regulation which is a testimony to the government's insatiable appetite for writing more and more "laws" into the books to justify their existence and try to control the very ones who THEY should be answering to.
You'll get that when the same fools get re=elected time after time.

Two terms and out will reduce the damage the hill is doing to our country.

This can be accomplished with our voting practices.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
Sep 20, 2019, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermaler
Lucky you, I have a black SUV in sight whenever I am outside . . . ;>)

You'll get that when the same fools get re=elected time after time.

Two terms and out will reduce the damage the hill is doing to our country.

This can be accomplished with our voting practices.

Joe

Balsa Breaks Better
Woodies Forever
You got no argument from me there. Black SUV's huh? I saw "the" helicopter one night when letting the dog out before bedtime. I was watching it, maybe a couple miles away and realized it wasn't making any noise.

No, it wasn't a Night Radian

If I don't show up at Nats next year you'll all know what happ......
Sep 20, 2019, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderJim
Anyone can fly to 1,768 millimeters.

------------

Apparently, I'm so bad that they had to build a heliport close to my house, and I see or hear helicopters often. Compared to a Huey, most helicopters don't make any noise. ;-)

----------

More seriously, I think we should separate excessive surveillance from excessive lawmaking in our discussions. They don't have to go together.

I think most laws have or had a legititimate purpose, though I suspect they could in many cases be more minimalist and efficient. Laws and regulations help prevent the other guy's radio from swamping yours. When it comes to the FAA, though.....
Sep 21, 2019, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
I spit coffee all over the windshield heading to the Delaware contest this morning while reading this. Lincoln you are so eloquent!
Wally by Golly
Did not realize coffee spitting was a measure of eloquence. Sorry for endangering your drive like that.
Sep 21, 2019, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
I spit coffee all over the windshield heading to the Delaware contest this morning while reading this.
Wally by Golly
Reading while driving? As long as you are not texting.
Sep 22, 2019, 12:46 AM
My guess is that someone else was driving. Or, at least, I hope so. New Hampshire to Delaware is a long haul by yourself.

Quick Reply