This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 12, 2018, 06:31 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Project update...

...and it's so far, so good!

The rebirth of the Harbor Freight P-51 is coming along nice with all of the painting completed except for the anti-glare panel atop the nose. According to Greg Kenny, director of education at the Palm Springs Air Museum, the paint shop painted that panel of their real Bunny with Oak Green #212 from Poly-Fiber aircraft paints. Photos for the upcoming Callie Graphics decals won't happen for another couple of weeks while Bunny makes the air show rounds. I'm going to see if I can find a suitable military flat acrylic at the hobby shop.

I'm very happy regarding the "re-maiden" of the Adagio 280! That poor little model had been languishing in a hot garage for heaven knows how long and then incorrectly repaired. Getting the micro bind plug was easy; getting a new canopy and wing spar, not so easy since the model is out of production. The spar came from Amazon Prime and the canopy from Graves RC in Orlando, Florida. The binding plug was ordered by Rise Up HobbyTown in Palm Desert, California.

Today was its first flight in years and it didn't disappoint! All I need to do is add a bit more low rate rudder throw.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Oct 15, 2018 at 08:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply