Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 10, 2018, 09:21 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

X10, Switch Options

I see you have several switch options with your X24, but I have 4 different giant scale planes using your X10+. Due to a brownout years ago, I stopped using switches in my planes (much to the annoyance of my fellow fliers...). Any recommendations other than removing the canopy and plugging/unplugging my deans connectors every time?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2018, 11:56 PM
Nope! The X10+ requires a hard wired connection to the power source.
Jan 02, 2019, 09:14 PM
I started can install over the holidays with the x10. If it had a switch option it would be near perfect for smaller sized planes imo. If my plane had a snap on canopy vs bolt on for easy access it would be as big a deal for sure. I was also looking into a maybe a 3rd party or jeti sw option but i couldn't find viable solution to break a 7.4v connection.

Maybe the next x10++ vs will have something.

All in all though it works good and is light and small.
Jan 03, 2019, 12:03 PM
The X10+ was not designed for this. It was actually designed for small foam jets that needed a lot of channels. The size is way too small to have any type of electronic switch - like our X24 has.
Jan 03, 2019, 01:41 PM
No issues... Maybe in your next one<G>
So far all good in my 35cc plane. The xps24 is just too big for it.

Short of pulling the canopy off each time if I could find a small size way to break the 7.4v power supply I'd be all set. <G>
Happy New years all.
Jan 03, 2019, 03:56 PM

Armsafe Arming Switch

Hi Jim,

What are your thoughts on the Armsafe Arming Switch from Schumacher Products, Available from SharpeRC.com

Here's a link to it.

http://www.sharprc.com/armsafe-kit-w...e-max-50-amps/

and a video at
ArmSafe Arming Switch from SharpRC.com Installation Guide by: RCINFORMER (14 min 42 sec)

Regards,

Dennis
Jan 03, 2019, 06:49 PM
Thanks Dennis... this might be a clean, simple and inexpensive solution for my setup.
Jan 03, 2019, 07:54 PM
Is that was an EC3 or EC5 connector, I would say that was great! Deans Ultra connectors (what this uses) are notorious for failing during use! We learned that in the 90's with R/C cars and that is why we didn't use them. I hate them. I have had them fail before in aircraft, which luckily had dual batteries.
Jan 04, 2019, 08:08 PM
Build more, websurf less
The idea of an arming switch is a good one. I used a 4mm bullet connector pair in an extension of one of the battery leads to the ESC. Looped the extension out of the fuse, cut it in the middle of the loop and added the bullet connectors on each end.

With some fiddling the wires and connectors will stick out no more than 1/2 inch into the slipstream.

I also have a big slide switch made from a large Sermos type connector. The connections are in the fuse and all that sticks out is a short wire with a small plastic ball on the end for a good grip. It was a product that I bought, but I cannot remember its name.
Last edited by FlyingW; Jan 04, 2019 at 08:20 PM.
Jan 06, 2019, 08:18 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
You could use rare earth magnets to attach the canopy like on smaller planes and then use a spring latch on the turtledeck to positively lock the canopy in place. Or if you wanted a more mechanical connection you could get really trick with it and use dzus fasteners.
Jan 06, 2019, 11:02 PM
chrisf! Welcome back, buddy!
Jan 06, 2019, 11:24 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Thanks! Life has finally stopped getting in the way so thought I would check in lol. Trying to get things sorted out and find everything thats tucked away in boxes and get back to flying.

Quick Reply