This thread is privately moderated by motoderf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 10, 2018, 05:05 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Thread OP
$200.00 USD
Buyer pays shipping
For Sale

2 - Glass Air's

BYRON GLASS AIR. - PRICE REDUCED
See pics -
One used to fly - has some hanger rash - needs an overhaul..
The other is a kit - not sure all parts are there but major components are good
Lets Talk ! Best offer Takes them both!
Last edited by motoderf; Oct 21, 2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Lower Price
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2018, 06:46 PM
Trader Rating: 34
skypup
Moto where are you located? (butch)
Oct 10, 2018, 06:54 PM
Trader Rating: 124
Build a scale plane already!!!
I'm thinking LI NY = Long Island New York
Oct 11, 2018, 06:09 AM
Thread OP
Yes.. Long Island.. East end - Medford.
Oct 11, 2018, 11:36 AM
Trader Rating: 56
Oldrndrt RCav8r
Love this, but once again too far away!
Oct 11, 2018, 10:16 PM
Trader Rating: 39
I would snatch these up if closer
Oct 12, 2018, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
georgewaldrop
jwellsmusic

Unfortunatly, shipping costs are much higher than they used to be.
Come visit NYC for a little get away! Ill met you for the sale...

Fred
Oct 12, 2018, 06:47 PM
Trader Rating: 39
Agreed on shipping. I did have good success with greyhound once. Iím in NYC for a week every January, unfortunately I fly in and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoderf
georgewaldrop
jwellsmusic

Unfortunatly, shipping costs are much higher than they used to be.
Come visit NYC for a little get away! Ill met you for the sale...

Fred
Nov 02, 2018, 01:55 PM
Thread OP
Interest appears to be low on these potentially beautiful birds... How about $100 for both??
Anyone???
Nov 02, 2018, 07:33 PM
Trader Rating: 19
Byron Originals Fanatic
Do you ever drive to Illinois or Tennessee?
Nov 02, 2018, 08:45 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoderf
Interest appears to be low on these potentially beautiful birds... How about $100 for both??
Anyone???
There has GOT to be a way to ship them. Manufacturers ship stuff like that all the time.

I'll give that $100 for both if you can figure out a way to ship.
How about this: there are shipping packers (like those who take your ebay stuff and pack it up and ship it) somewhere around you. They take your stuff, pack it safely, and ship. They take care of everything.
See if you can find a place like that to make it easy on you and see if we can make this happen.

The Byron Glass Air is one of those planes I've wanted while they were still making them but never got around to it. If you can get a price for packing and shipping, I'd like to move forward with this if shipping isn't absolutely insane. A little crazy?... I'm probably good with it.
My PayPal account is standing by.
Nov 06, 2018, 07:34 PM
Any chance of meeting in the Morristown NJ area next Wednesday? I have to drop off at the airport there and could pick up. Or shipping cost to SC, 29115
Nov 07, 2018, 03:26 PM
Thread OP
Hey guys,
No plans to drive them off LI, working every day and really can't squeeze in a long trip right now. I checked out some shipping costs.. Looks to be in the area of 250 using ups or FedEx,,..that was for LI to upstate NY. Using Grayhound service, ill have to take them into NYC, its cheaper but way out of my way. I was really looking for local pickup. So, if no one bites close to home, Ill consider a Morristown trip for 200 total. Can we meet at 3 or 4 in the afternoon fly4fun? Boxing it all up for safe shipping is something I was trying to avoid.
Nov 08, 2018, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately my trip to Morristown will probably be early morning, dropping off the CEO and heading right back. We have a plant in Branchburg and was trying to work something around that. I'm going to ask some of the employee's there if anyone knows a way to get them from you to the plant and then I can pick them up later. If anything based on Branchburg could be worked out let me know. Time there would be more flexible since it's 8 to 5. LMK
Dec 01, 2018, 10:37 PM
Going to be in the area Monday and Tuesday. Any chance of getting together somewhere?

Quick Reply