Oct 10, 2018, 03:44 AM
Thread OP
Video

Crash investigators arrive on scene

Crash investigators arrive on scene

(3 min 30 sec)

(I know, I know, bad PR, all kinds of possible terrible outcomes -- won't happen again-- I've never run into anything before that wasn't mine-- Can't believe I ever found it, took 3 hours of searching and then all of a sudden I starting getting some telemetry on the xmitter-- unbelievable. This was not an FPV flight, just a LOS flight that got away after starting in a wide-open park setting.)
Last edited by aeronaut999; Oct 10, 2018 at 10:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2018, 09:16 AM
It was nice to see the investigators take their time approaching the crash so they did not accidentally corrupt any of the evidence. They even ensured the site was safe before retreating back to their forward observation point.
Oct 16, 2018, 09:11 AM
Culper Junior
At least they didn’t suspect evidence of a fire and try to ummm...extinguish it.
Dec 20, 2018, 01:50 PM
The way that plane went in and bounced. I am shocked it held together so well. I would have thought it would have broken badly ....
Dec 20, 2018, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Well you can see the nose broke off just in front of the "windscreen" (just a decal actually)-- a very clean break-- I gorilla-taped it back on and flew it again the same day. Actually it's flown dozens of times since then and I STILL haven't gotten around to gluing it, still just taped on! It's on the list of things to do--

I did eventually have to re-glue the plastic firewall to the front of the fuselage when a bad vibration started at high RPM's but that was quite a while after the crash that that problem showed up.
Last edited by aeronaut999; Dec 20, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quick Reply