E Thermal Hack & Vtail Lover
Looks PERFECT
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2018, 07:07 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airman749
Looks PERFECT
Well, looks aren't everything. "Team USA" is trademarked by the United States Olympic Committee. Changes are coming, hopefully minor. For a hint see https://www.lexblog.com/2016/07/26/t...ause-they-can/

Quote:
Except that the IOC and its ilk (like the United State Olympic Committee, or USOC) enjoy a privileged status around their trademarks. Very privileged.

“The USOC can easily sue you, and win,” wrote Po Yi and Jessica Borowick of Venable on the firm’s All About Advertising Law. “The USOC can bring a civil action against anyone who uses an Olympic trademark in a way that tends to cause confusion or falsely suggests an association between any Olympic or Paralympic activity and that user without proper consent. This is a lower burden than trademark law generally imposes on regular rights-holders, and does not include a requirement that the USOC show any likelihood of consumer confusion.”
David
Nov 16, 2018, 11:24 AM
Overkill is underrated
Simply change it to USA F5J Team
Dec 20, 2018, 08:23 PM
Thread OP

How do you like the new team logo?

This thread has been quiet for a while now, but the team has been busy. Thanks to the artistic talents of junior team manager Lee Estingoy we decided on a logo that I hope you will like as much as the team does.

I really want to thank everyone who offered their suggestions and feedback on this thread.

The team website went public tonight - have a look at http://teamf5jusa.org and donate what you can to help offset the team's travel expenses.

The official team thread is at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...cial-Team-News.

Thanks again,
David
Dec 20, 2018, 09:59 PM
Very nice.
Dec 20, 2018, 09:59 PM
Flying Low
Yeah that looks badass. Good choice.
Dec 21, 2018, 11:04 AM
E sailplane thermal hack
how did we go from the logo in post#145 to this final one???
the final one is MUCH toooooo busy!
the one in post #145 was AWSOME!!
Dec 21, 2018, 01:09 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
I find this quite odd, but I actually agree with Jerry. I liked the last one, and this one is completely different. Oh well, we have absolutely no say in the matter, so... like it or leave it.

Best of luck (and skill) to both teams (Sr. and Jr.) next August in Trnava.

--
Greg
Dec 22, 2018, 08:29 AM
Closed Account
Oh dear ... quite dreadful the new logo. The designs in post 119, 129 and 145 are far superior to what was chosen.

Quick Reply