Aug 21, 2019, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Here are pictures of the new reflection gunsight Mk.II. That one you can also in some P-47 Razorback cockpit. I suppose that one would work with TopFlite GS P-47 or Meister Scale.
Now Im finishing the master of large pressure bottle. It could be done tomorrow, then will be some molding.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 05:43 AM
Thread OP
Detailing of the pilot seat in progress. Leveling horn and bracket will be an extra part which will be included in the seat kit. That should ensure scale result.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
Today Ive done the first new designed Reflector gunsight Mk.II. In the pictures you can see how they will come out ready made gunsights. Painted with some light weathering, label and sreen.
Aug 26, 2019, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Some paiting today. Only the black base paint. The final painting and detailing I will do tomorrow. Im going to make some labels for the instruments and controllers. Not sure if water stencils or stickers labels. Any idea or experience?
Aug 26, 2019, 09:04 PM
Warbirds are life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prekin
Some paiting today. Only the black base paint. The final painting and detailing I will do tomorrow. Im going to make some labels for the instruments and controllers. Not sure if water stencils or stickers labels. Any idea or experience?
I don't have experience with either of them, but I think that sticker labels would be suitsble
Aug 26, 2019, 10:36 PM
at this scale water stencils look more "true" IMHO
Aug 27, 2019, 04:41 AM
Thread OP
Stickers would be better for the painting masks, but the text is very small, so it could cause troubles during painting. Friend, who do plastic kits have NC cutter for the small masks.
But as Vasek mentioned. Water stencils would look more true. Another option is sticker on the black base.
Aug 27, 2019, 02:09 PM
Thread OP
Some pictures of the text on the stickers with the black base. Not sure if they are good enough.
Aug 27, 2019, 06:58 PM
Looks fine to me
Aug 28, 2019, 07:40 AM
Thread OP
Thank you Vasek. I think, that stickers with the black base would be easier for the other guys, because not at all like to work with water stencils.

Yesterday I finished the paint job of the chassis controller, morse key and voltage regulator. I know, the the parts of cockpit werent so weathered, but weathering helps to highlight some details. Well, if they should or shouldnt look like new depends only on the customers.
Aug 30, 2019, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Some more painting today. Im not sure about the right colour of the joystick. Well there are two option- with the cockpit green or metal paint mounting. Be sure I will detail the control stick.
Aug 30, 2019, 04:24 PM
Warbirds are life
The colours look good to me. Nice detailing, by the way
Aug 31, 2019, 04:50 AM
Thread OP
Thank you!
How far is your Yak-3 project?
Aug 31, 2019, 04:16 PM
Warbirds are life
It's going alright. The leading edges of the wings still need to be sanded round. More recently, I was trying to figure out the receiver, battery and fuel tank placement inside the narrow fuselage.
Sep 01, 2019, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
What engine will you use? The narrow fuselage and nose are standard problem. I was suprised how big cowl is on the spitfire. There is no problem to hide DLE 30.
In the pictures is another Spitfire, but the same cowl.

Quick Reply