Oct 06, 2018, 01:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Blackjack 24 set up help

I have a box stock BJ 24 and am having trouble getting it to plan out and steer right. This is my first boat. I have adjusted the prop strut up and down. It seems to be like its not wanting to come up on plane very easy. I can help it by steering the boat to the right or left slightly...kinda like to break it free from the water. The strut is now about an 1/8' above level with the bottom of the hull sitting flat on the bench. She also seems to be running heavy in the bow. I am running her on 2s with the battery as far back as i can get it. It also needs the steering trim fooled with constantly or it wont go straight. Can you guys help me out?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2018, 02:03 PM
Is your Blackjack the brushed or brushless boat? I get the two confused sometimes lol.

If the brushless version, then I recommend using a 3s lipo. 2s probably isn't giving I enough power to get up on plane and move fast enough to lift and run well.
Latest blog entry: Life Updates :)
Oct 06, 2018, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
Sorry I forgot to mention that....it is brushless.
Oct 06, 2018, 04:57 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Hi Donnie,

Some reading material with tips and tricks:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tamaran-tuning

Regards, Jan.
Oct 06, 2018, 06:37 PM
I tried mine on 2s and it was a dog. 3s is a remarkable difference in power. it had no rooster tail on 2s. of course, I couldn't stop there, so I upgraded the esc, cooling, flex shaft, and strut. Now it's a fun boat.
Oct 06, 2018, 08:37 PM
Thread OP
I messed with it most of the afternoon and finally got it to plane better by moving the battery way back....about a 1/2'' out of the tray back....lol. Going to pick up a couple 3s and give it a try also looking into different struts and shafts .

Still got something going on with the steering tho. I have to keep playing with the trim and when its on the trigger it wants to pull to the right.
Oct 07, 2018, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompebled
Hi Donnie,

Some reading material with tips and tricks:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...tamaran-tuning

Regards, Jan.
Thanks for that...some good info.
Jun 23, 2019, 11:15 AM
UpliFT-RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnie_o8
I messed with it most of the afternoon and finally got it to plane better by moving the battery way back....about a 1/2'' out of the tray back....lol. Going to pick up a couple 3s and give it a try also looking into different struts and shafts .
Still got something going on with the steering tho. I have to keep playing with the trim and when it's on the trigger it wants to pull to the right.

Pick up a few of the Spektrum SMART Batteries - 3s Lipo 11.1v 5000mah and she will scream! That's what I run my BL 24 on.

Quick Reply