Jan 23, 2019, 10:57 PM
Anyone get a notification of shipment yet? I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this, which is unfortunate because I heard some seemingly good things about this vendor before which led me to my purchase. I understand sometimes these things can take awhile and I have no issue in waiting, but when I keep getting unfulfilled promises I can't help but feel like this is all a little shady. If I was a new customer I'd hold off buying from Superfly until they figure their stuff out. It seems I'm not the only one with this issue. If I ever do receive my order or even a refund I'll post an update. But at this time I'm not too optimistic.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 24, 2019, 12:52 PM
It's not just you EOMFD, i'm having an issue with them too, don't want to say to much at the moment though.....
Jan 24, 2019, 03:06 PM
Have you guys heard off Neil? I’ve spoke with him a fair bit this week. If you’re trying to reach him via email try FB (I’ll take the rap for a load of messages to his person profile now haha)

I think the problem could be that his deal has landed him with a lot more planes to build than he maybe anticipated. As for Neil himself he’s a great guy and I’ve spent a fair bit with him so far on 3 planes and some other smaller items with zero issues and even though I get to see him at the comps, where I picked up 1 plane in person, everything else I’ve had shipped. Of course though I’ve only bought kits and not had to wait for a build done for me.

I really just think he’s totally snowed under trying to get these RTR planes built and out the door.
Jan 24, 2019, 05:42 PM
Hey guys, Neil is really nice guy I'm working with him for almost two years and he never cheated or something like this
Jan 25, 2019, 01:52 AM
I have not yet received a refund also, and I requested one on the 10th of January. Neil tells me he has sent it, but that was over 2 weeks ago.
Jan 25, 2019, 02:58 AM
I'm sure Neil is a good guy and my intention wasn't to hurt him or his business. However I feel like he needs to be honest with us customers and himself. If he's incapable of fulfilling these orders in the timeframe he stated he should let us know that. I'm sure many of you, myself included don't mind waiting an extra month or even 3 for a fully RTF DLG. But when you say it's shipping next week and nothing happens and then he says it's going to be the next week after that and so on... That's when it gets frustrating and raises concerns of a scam. I'll take hard truths over easy lies anyday.
Last edited by EOMFD; Jan 25, 2019 at 03:47 AM.
Jan 25, 2019, 07:22 AM
Issues are not just with the RTR/RTF builds.... I ordered an orange 2p stark (kit only) 2 hours after they became available on Oct 23.

In Dec, Neil let me know that he had inadvertently double-sold my plane and offered either a refund, an in-stock one-piece pink wing, or option to wait until mid January for a revised version of the 2p wing that will be using vortex 3 - style wing couplers.

I opted to wait for the new 2p, and am giving Neil the benefit of the doubt but--and I wrote this to Neil at one point--the lack of communication at times is indeed frustrating.

DLGs are basically hand built items, and a lot of sellers/builders are one man shops or very small operations, so it's not unexpected to encounter delays or hiccups. Keeping in touch (email updates and responding to queries in a reasonable timeframe) goes a long way.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon -- I'm looking forward to the plane.
Last edited by cjpace; Jan 25, 2019 at 07:30 AM.
Jan 25, 2019, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpace
revised version of the 2p wing that will be using vortex 3 - style wing couplers.

I think we know what Dmitriy means now when he said in the Auri thread that he has some news about the planes
Jan 25, 2019, 04:40 PM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Thread OP
Okay all

I now have some time to write here....

As you might be aware we are having some timing issues with build times and supply of some models.

Firstly it goes without saying that I personally apologise to anyone waiting on an airframe, I did not anticipate the overwhelming response to the building and repair services neither did I anticipate the response for models from one of our suppliers.

Firstly let me explain about the Stark......we put together a 'beginner deal' a fully moulded model with carbon wing in the air for less than £400!!
So to reduce the costs to offer this deal the model arrives to me just pulled from the moulds with the flashing trimmed off the edges and the Ailerons cut.
The rest has to be done in the workshop at Superfly, its not just a case of dropping in servos and linkages, as a 'cheap' kit/model it requires an awful lot of work to get this anywhere near ready, hence us offering the building service for this.

We have spent time making jigs and templates to help speed up the building process in the future, this was not factored in from the start, so we have to drill the holes in the wing and tailplane to align with the fuselage, manufacture the servo trays, cut out the servo wells in the wings for the wing servos, route out the cable channels for the wing wiring harness, make the wing servo covers, cut the channels for the aileron linkages. All this is in addition to the normal build work, shaping and installing throwing blade, cutting and aligning control horns, manufacturing the control linkages, installing the servos, making the elevator and rudder springs and installing them, manufacturing wiring harness, routing slot in rear of fuselage for elevator horn, installing pull cords, soldering connector to battery cells, installing receiver, programming, balance and trimming.

I am no saint but there is a lot of work for the £175 building service which includes Rx. The Stark is an amazing price DLG but from our side a loss/break even leader to enable new comers to get into the hobby and have a decent airframe for a reasonable price.

The volume of orders has been spectacular and has certainly been great for both me and the supplier, here lies the issue. There is one of me and I only do this part time, the supplier also has a limited workforce and other customers, the last thing I wanted to do is upset or disappoint anyone, our community is too small and bad news travels fast.

So what have I done to rectify this situation? I have gone nearly full time on this now, putting my toe in the water has lead me to just jump right in, I have also lined up a build/delivery schedule with the supplier so we have a regular and committed supply of airframes. I will be writing to each and every customer a personal note tis weekend to rectify each individual situation.

It is not easy but I want to continue to provide a good quality service to each and every customer as the business continues to grow organically, I am in this 100%!

We have sold well over 100 models to date with amazing feedback from customers and we have some amazing projects lined up for this year, all will become apparent in the near future, but for the time being my priority is to get this backlog completed and customers made happy.
Last edited by x_Superfly_x; Jan 27, 2019 at 03:59 PM.
Jan 31, 2019, 12:25 AM
So Neil told me twice that my refund was on the way. But I never received anything for 3 weeks, I have just gotten off the phone with paypal, and paypal confirms that no refund process has been started at all.

I hate even to say this.. I was hoping that I was just impatient and Superfly was just busy, but there is clearly lies here. Paypal will cover transactions for 180 days, imo for anyone with orders nearing this limit you should consider this carefully...

I really wish there is just a reasonable explanation for all this, But I just find it difficult to see...
Jan 31, 2019, 09:28 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Thread OP
Just to confirm your refund has been requested.....we use a few different accounts with PayPal due to transaction limits.

I too have spoken to them and they will be returning the payment next week.

PayPal are great at holding onto money....

I would appreciate it that you communicate with me directly rather than making slanderous accusation's on a public forum...……..we serve many customers and the majority are happy, I have tried to explain the issue with the Starter deal situation.
Jan 31, 2019, 09:36 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Thread OP
Let me be clear...….unfortunately we can not please 100% all of the time.

The thread was set up to offer a new starter to F3K and DLG a quality airframe for a great price!

We continue to do this with great success, not without some issues which have now all been rectified.

Superfly will continue to support F3K and DLG and serve our customers well.
Last edited by x_Superfly_x; Jan 31, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Feb 16, 2019, 10:58 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Thread OP
OMG this is such an amazing model for the money...…

More models finished and ready for shipping!

The 2 piece wing version first deliveries will be soon as the last models have been pulled from the moulds and being finished ready for shipping to our workshop.
Feb 16, 2019, 11:37 AM
BMFA 190658
Nice shade of Red.
Must be Sansa!
Feb 16, 2019, 02:03 PM
Looks great!

I tell you what, a pair of those and a Taranis QX7 wouldn't be too shabby for a good comp set up on a budget. Would sure look pretty sweet in the stand with a White QX7.

Quick Reply