Oct 10, 2018, 07:51 AM
Thread OP
That's a cool concept... actually... now I'm thinking ... the Dart is technically that but with no control surfaces... so can be considered V-tail anyway? We need the input of the BIG BOYS on this dilemma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan
Flying wing with a V-tail ???
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2018, 07:53 AM
Thread OP
That is indeed a beautiful bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
It looks like my old "2M Super Alulah" FPV sailplane
Oct 10, 2018, 07:54 AM
Thread OP
You can always pull the trigger later on the MT.... but you won't need if you wait for a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01
I'm looking for a long range rig and was just about to pull the trigger on a mini Talon.

The quality of SM/ZOHD is far better (IMO) than XUAV so I'm now wondering if I should wait a month for what might be under the covers. Are their hints aiming at a longer-range, larger model than the Dart/NT or is my hope offering confirmation bias?

Decisions, decisions.
Oct 10, 2018, 08:02 AM
Jet Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicModell
You can always pull the trigger later on the MT.... but you won't need if you wait for a month.
Whoops, did I make a mistake ordering a Nano Talon a few days ago?
(I know a V2 is coming, but I'd rather have the tried-and-tested V1 for now since it's not that expensive anyways)
I didn't want more than 1m wingspan, wondering if this will be above that...
Oct 10, 2018, 08:31 AM
Quote:
That's a cool concept... actually... now I'm thinking ... the Dart is technically that but with no control surfaces... so can be considered V-tail anyway? We need the input of the BIG BOYS on this dilemma!!
easy solution ... put 2 motors on the wings and done xd
Oct 10, 2018, 11:52 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motocrossman24
Is the the same thing as the hobbyking “wingnetic”?

No!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Oct 10, 2018, 03:10 PM
On My Way ...
have seen a picture of the new plane? with v-tail. Plank or Wing. looks awsome but coulnd´t find it again
Oct 10, 2018, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01
I'm looking for a long range rig and was just about to pull the trigger on a mini Talon.

The quality of SM/ZOHD is far better (IMO) than XUAV so I'm now wondering if I should wait a month for what might be under the covers. Are their hints aiming at a longer-range, larger model than the Dart/NT or is my hope offering confirmation bias?

Decisions, decisions.
I would wait, unless your in the market for a few new Planes...both sonicmodell and zohd have a few new releases coming, and I highly doubt they will disappoint.
Oct 10, 2018, 05:44 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
I would wait, the dart is a great platform so I have high hopes for the new model

October is going to drag lol
Oct 10, 2018, 05:48 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
Quote:
An interchangeable Vtail and Atail with a reverse forward swept wing
Oct 10, 2018, 09:35 PM
Big question is, will it "wiggle & wag" during flight?
It gets me dizzy reviewing the recorded video
Oct 11, 2018, 01:18 AM
.....and that's why I crashed
Tick tock, can't wait for the reveal! I did have fun with an S1100 today to take my mind off the suspense.

Quote:
Big question is, will it "wiggle & wag" during flight?
It gets me dizzy reviewing the recorded video
it's a fixed wing, so yes, yes it will. Quads are the answer for smooth flight, but then you get tempted to do things deliberately that will make you dizzy
Oct 11, 2018, 06:34 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
You can tune out any waggle with mods in the form of extra stabilizers or a programmable flight controller but it can sometimes be difficult to pin down what is the root cause of the waggle. My Strykers for example are relatively simple Delta's but are no different than these wings in that they use Elevons for control, they have twin vertical stabilizers and are powered by a motor in pusher config yet have no waggle or the waggle is so imperceptible that i do not see it through my goggles.
Oct 11, 2018, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
You can tune out any waggle with mods in the form of extra stabilizers or a programmable flight controller but it can sometimes be difficult to pin down what is the root cause of the waggle. My Strykers for example are relatively simple Delta's but are no different than these wings in that they use Elevons for control, they have twin vertical stabilizers and are powered by a motor in pusher config yet have no waggle or the waggle is so imperceptible that i do not see it through my goggles.

If the wiggles/waggels are "noticeable", then it's a
bad design!
I'm bringing it up before MASS PRODUCTION
hahahaha
Oct 11, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote:
If the wiggles/waggels are "noticeable", then it's a
bad design!
I'm bringing it up before MASS PRODUCTION
hahahaha
It depends on the intended destination ... like it have been destined to fly in windy turbulent conditions or ... it have been intended to be a park-flyer who should be flown in no or little wind conditions. Or it have been destined to be a trainer with a higher roll stability or a cruiser ...
My guess is that the ZOHD has been noted and learned from all the threads that are here on this forum about their products, like Nano-Talon, Orbit and Dart, and they ZOHD have seen what people are doing with their designed planes, and also what people wants from this type on planes ...

Of course there always is room for improvements, no matter how good the original design was ... and one cannot satisfy everybody ... but my guess is for the most part, this will be plane based on lessons learned, which is great imho.

Quick Reply