H-King Hummer Xtreme 3D EPP Aerobatic Profile Plane

HobbyKing's EPP profile kit called the Hummer Xtreme has a new color scheme.

Splash

3D Profile Plane Kit

Profile planes are still very popular with their simple construction and great 3D handling that make them easy to learn with. HobbyKing's EPP profile kit called the Hummer has a new color scheme and a new name, the Hummer Xtreme. Being made from EPP foam means it will be super durable and handle crashes like a champ. They say it is a high-performance foamy with an airfoiled wing, large control surfaces and an easy straightforward build.

The Hummer Xtreme is capable of hovering, harriers, rollers, flat spins and probably any other 3D maneuver you can think of. Keep in mind that this is a kit, so you will need to build it and supply your own gear. H-King recommends a 1000Kv brushless motor, 20A ESC, 3S 850-1300mAH Lipo, a 10" prop and four 9g servos. The kit includes an extra motor as well. The Hummer Xtreme is in stock right now for just $34.66.

Specifications:

• Wingspan: 1000mm
  • Length: 950mm
  • Flying Weight: 450~500g

Check out the H-King Hummer Xtreme 3D EPP Profile Plane Here

Oct 05, 2018, 10:23 AM
Same Hummer different color?
Oct 05, 2018, 11:07 AM
Seems so. The former one is in fact still in stock at HK, and a little bit cheaper, but the new one looks slightly better. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hummer-e...000mm-kit.html
Oct 10, 2018, 05:31 AM
Not a Hummer, it's a Hnmmer
Latest blog entry: VA Models Christen Eagle
Oct 11, 2018, 06:13 AM
I bought a Hummer 2nd hand a few years back and literally flew it to death. It met it's final demise about 9 months ago. I recently bought a replacement from HK for 22 Euros and will swap over all the electronics. Absolutely brilliant model. love it!
Oct 12, 2018, 08:46 AM
Trash Hauler emeritus
I disagree with the statement: "Being made from EPP foam means it will be super durable and handle crashes like a champ." At least, change the word "will" to the word "should." I have the similar-size/type "Yak54 EPP" EPP profile from HobbyKing, and it handles even mild crashes like a potato chip. Wings just break/snap off. It's one of the most fragile planes I've ever had. OTOH, my HobbyKing EPP "Reaktor" was relatively tough/durable. So not all EPP is created equal.

I do like the look of the motor mount area better on the "Hummer" compared to the YAK -- and other TechOne-rebadged planes from HobbyKing such as Sbach and Wargo -- which all have a big hole for the battery close up behind the motor mount area...a design flaw which makes for a ridiculously weak point-of-failure.

Also, I wouldn't recommend plain 9g plastic gear servos. Go with metal gear if you plan to fly the plane hard, or be ready to change a lot of stripped-gear servos.
Oct 15, 2018, 02:52 PM

Think that I may get one for the extra motor.....

Oct 16, 2018, 01:42 AM
Herk,

so your Hummer broke quickly and easily?????

Paul
Oct 16, 2018, 03:31 AM
Its actually a direct copy of a very old Hacker
I hope HKing are paying royalties , ha :-)

Quick Reply