This thread is privately moderated by bnrusso, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 05, 2018, 01:56 AM
early retired & loving it
Thread OP
Help!

T12 Jumper T-12 "how to" discussion

Well, I just got the Jumper T12 with the multiprotocol Module. I was able to get started in only the simplest functions. I'm reading posts, taking notes and watching Youtube video but I have a lot of questions and I don't see or understand the answers. I'll try to ask and take questions and post answers in this original post/blog. I'll even break down the points I've already learned below or direct you or I to a video or post with the answers or details. I'll see how it goes from here.

1. Youtube video's and reviews explain the basics.
THIRD GENERATION JUMPER REMOTE!!! -- T12 -- OPEN TX (28 min 57 sec)
minutes 5 to 12:30 buttons and basics

Jumper T12 OpenTX Transmitter Review �� (29 min 53 sec)
  • How to choose and install battery. A 2s Lipo seems to be best. I got a 2000MAH 2S from E-bay but it required a slight internal battery case mod to get it to fit. link here soon
  • How to turn on/off.
  • How to use the keys.
    ENTER and EXIT on left. (ENTER has long press option in some cases),
    on right UP and DOWN, MENU and PAGE MENU forward , (page back is long press PAGE MENU forward)
  • How to get int the RADIO MENU and the MODEL MENU.
  • How to set the low battery alarm.
  • How to load the required files onto an SD card, giving you sounds and the wizard to help create models.(PLANE, DELTA or MULTI) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z7xxt4eJBc 3:10 to 4:08 of the video
    Jumper T12 OpenTX Radio Transmitter (11 min 35 sec)
  • How not to load Open TX firmware. Several posts explain that this is not a radio whose firmware is supported by OPEN-TX.org
    Jumper T12 Upgrade Firmware (7 min 46 sec)
  • The above video also touches on ER9x
  • How to create a model. same 3z7... video 8:31 to 9:06
  • how to setup Flight mode: just for this quad (explained) ?? same video 9:06 to 9:32
  • About the MPM Multi Protocol Module. see the 32v7... video above video from 5:28 to 6:20
  • How to edit INPUTS. Long hold ENTER to bring up a submenu
  • This next video explains in detail how OPEN-TX is different from Futaba, Hitec and most other older radios. I'll be watching more of the R. Scott Page videos. OpenTX2.0 and beyond

POST ANSERS-QUESTIONS-HERE under reply
Last edited by bnrusso; Oct 05, 2018 at 10:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2018, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
Q. How to change / reverse servo or direction.
A. in the MODEL MENU pg. 7 locate the one to change, short press ENTER, then EDIT, go DOWN to DIRECTION, press enter to toggle INV, then press EXIT twice to get back and change more or exit again to complete.

There is a 2nd way to change by running the numbers from minus (-)100 to 100 and 100 to minus (-)100 but that seems to take a lot of time.
Oct 14, 2018, 10:05 PM
I be a beginner and got a Jumper T8SG Plus v2. I'm a linux type person and was able to figure out loading model files and changing parameters. I do not know diddly squat about mixing parameters and don't have the slightest idea how this is done. Modifying others files can be done and is more intuitive than Open Tx. The Deviation manual is Greek (figuratively). The Open Tx is Chinese (figuratively harder). I got a T12 and am glad I didn't spend money on the Hall effect gimbals. Talk about confusing, sheesh. I thought Open Source would be pretty intuitive.
I guess not. I have a model file I'll have to try to get into the T12 and I appreciate the files above. Perhaps I'll change my tune after I go through the files above. Kurt
Last edited by ksaves2; Oct 15, 2018 at 01:05 PM.
Oct 15, 2018, 01:08 PM
Ok I stand corrected. The video is helping a lot. I should be able to get somewhere now. Thanks Kurt
Nov 10, 2018, 05:14 AM
Hello

It would be great to make a step by step procedure setup ( what and why ) for all people ( new bees ) that has no experience at all with OpenTX and with this TX
Radio setup ... Model Setup like frsky receivers ( D8, D16, ... )
Last edited by fanedi; Nov 10, 2018 at 08:13 PM.
Nov 11, 2018, 04:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanedi
Hello

It would be great to make a step by step procedure setup ( what and why ) for all people ( new bees ) that has no experience at all with OpenTX and with this TX
Radio setup ... Model Setup like frsky receivers ( D8, D16, ... )
First of all be sure to follow the instructions of what to put on the SD card. Using the SD allows you to create a model using what's called a WIZARD. This wizard will setup most of the beginning parameters autoMAJICally.
Feb 20, 2019, 05:20 PM
How do you capitalize letters during text input? I cant for the life of me figure it out, I've googled and youtube searched for days!

btw; just noticed Kingman I'm in Tempe
May 12, 2019, 12:34 PM
Has anyone bind a Tactic TR624 2.4 Receiver to the Jumper T12 ? Is this possible ?
May 16, 2019, 09:08 PM
masterless samurai
Anyone got the dimensions to the battery compartment for the T12? Or the measurements for a lipo or life you are using that fit fine?

Quick Reply