This thread is privately moderated by Ssayer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 04, 2018, 02:19 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine ROTG01 Pro UVC OTG 5.8G 150CH Full Channel FPV Receiver

Eachine ROTG01 Pro UVC OTG 5.8G 150CH Full Channel FPV Receiver W/Audio For Android Smartphone

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-ROT...p-1347396.html
(Note that this is NOT an affiliate link. I do my reviews because it's FUN, I get to play with stuff that I might not otherwise buy, and to give others a real life clue as to how the darn thing works!)

Name: Rotgo1a.jpg
Views: 57
Size: 249.0 KB
Description: Name: Rotgo1b.jpg
Views: 54
Size: 572.2 KB
Description:

First, the disclaimer: Banggood sent me this for testing and review (thank you!)

If your smartphone is on the list, this is a pretty darn good thing to have. I own Fatsharks and that's what I'm going to fly with but... for use as a buddy monitor... It comes in a tin about the size of a pack of cigarettes, so it'll fit safely when not in use just about anywhere. If somebody wants to check out my video feed while I'm flying, it's a quick plug in to my phone and start the app (and my phone is always on me when I'm out). The video is as good as can be expected for an FPV video and the receiver itself is tiny enough to easily be held in anyone's hand (holding it in your hand behind your phone).

If you want to fly with it, it has a very slight lag (I wouldn't be doing gates at high speed with it, but that's me). I did fly while viewing with it around my yard and had no problem going in and out between the trees. Also, I'm sure that someone that flies all out throttle all the time wouldn't be happy with it either , but any beginner would be (and it's cheap for an entry into FPV!). Also, it works with a VR headset, so... instant goggles!

Pro:
Cheap
Small
150 channels with auto search
Comes in a tin that offers good protection when not in use
Works well
Receives audio (if that's important to you)
Has an output connector for a regular monitor, tv, etc...
Comes with the cables to attach to your smartphone
You can record video on your phone!

Con:
Slight lag
No regular monitor/tv output cable (though the connections are all marked if you want to make one up)
Only works on smartphones/tablets that support UVC and have OTG connectivity (they have a lot of them listed on Banggood's site, so easy enough to check).
Rubber Ducky antenna (so what's new?)

Conclusion: How do I really like it? I give a lot of stuff that I review to family when I'm done with them. This one stays with me.
Last edited by Ssayer; Oct 04, 2018 at 04:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2018, 12:11 AM
KF6HLN
Love the review thanks. I asked on the other thread, but is it possible to adapt the uart audio to a Mr. Steel earbud? (or any earbud in general?)

Quick Reply