Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 11, 2018, 06:46 AM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshots
How many people build flite test planes?

I've built the FT Sparrow, FT Explorer, FT Tiny Trainer & FT Simple Cub. I really didn't have much success with any of them. Between the fragility of the power pod and dollar tree foam board they just couldn't take the repeated crashes that a newbie like me caused. Part of the problem with those FT designs is that a hard crash can mis-align the power pod and screw up your thrust angles. Those BBQ skewers they are so fond of will move upon impact and the holes will elongate. So it LOOKS like it's in the right position until it's under thrust. Then you are constantly chasing after getting it back to the correct configuration.

The turning point was when I built a super slow flyer (Flying Fish) from DTF and spent a summer learning to fly on that. Afterwards I built a 42" Blue baby from MPF and have been flying that since.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2018, 11:31 AM
Big motor anything can fly
OH YA. Nice. I have built a bunch of FT planes but crashed most of them.

Quick Reply