This thread is privately moderated by Keith Kindrick, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 04, 2018, 09:38 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Winch Launching Technique

I saw a thread on the topic of winch launching and decided to add this to my blog to remind myself of the good launching habits. Joe Wurts is the best at launching in my mind. He gets maximum tension and then releases the launch with a smooth easy motion. I used to use the boom launch prior to seeing Joe launch his Supra. After seeing the numerous pictures of Jo Grini on the Samba and his web site I switched over to their techniques. Boom launching is the easier way to go when you are not confident of the launch process. As you watch the video you will see how off balance one is as the line tensions up. Jim Monaco put together a super clean video to show how to use the proper launch technique that really does make it easier to launch. Joe Wurts shows how to pull massive line tension on his Maxa.

Boom throwing
Pike perfection winch launch (1 min 59 sec)

Jim Monaco
F3J Tips & Trick - Launching (3 min 10 sec)

Joe Wurts
Joe wurts launching at the f3j international (0 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply