Dec 26, 2004, 08:34 PM
I hate waiting for parts

Hirobo XRB R/C really good for beginners?

Hello everyone,

Well, I hope this is the right board to put this in.....

A few years ago, I bought an entire Piccolo outfit for around $500. I had nothing but problems, mosty due to the fact I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't get much help from the one club member that flew choppers, and had a few minor mishaps with it. Before destroying it completely, I sold it for $450 and considered it a $50 lesson learned.

....the itch for an indoor micro helicopter has never been scratch-able, unfortunately!

I came across the Hirobo XRB R/C a few days ago in a magazine. Did some research for it on the 'Net and decided that I must have one! Now I know nothing is fool-proof, but I guess my question is this: With many years of R/C plane experience, can I hope to be successful with this helicopter? I'm not being unrealistic and expecting to be a pro immediately, but I have little help available to me from my club.... one chopper pilot is an older gentleman and isn't around much anymore, and the other guy lives 3 hours away. So in other words, I'll be on my own with this. I realize that the technology for R/C micro helicopters is much different than it was 3-4 years ago, so I'm hoping things will be a little simpler this time around.

I'm not interested in fast, fancy, or aerobatics.... I just want something small to putt-putt around the house with. I'm looking for opinions as I don't want to throw away $350 if I can help it.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2004, 08:50 PM
I have seen the guys fly it my LHS. He got it in the air, put the radio on thr floor {while it was in the air} and it sat there hovering, the most stable micro I have ever seen. They sell it as a trianer. I think it would be great trainer to get the basics of hovering in all demisions.

Good luck
Dec 26, 2004, 10:19 PM
Check out the multi rotor heli section here and you will find all kinds of info on this .I have had mine for FOUR DAYS and I can hover in my 9x9 space no problem . Its your best chance at flying a heli.Mine will hover hands off for 10 seconds.
Dec 27, 2004, 08:08 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Yeah, I was gonna post there but I thought I might get more diverse responses since this board covers a wide range of helicopter pilots. I'll post this there as well.

Thanks guys!
Dec 27, 2004, 09:22 AM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
The best indoor, heli trainer and confidence builder on the market today IMHO. I love mine and I had the HoverFly and tethered XRB. No contest. The RC Sky Robo is the top of the pile. Excellent quality throughout.

Happy Holidays - Boyd