Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Nashbro 2018 Event Coverage - 15 Years!

Nashbro is in the books! Here are some photos and thoughts from the event.

Splash

Nashbro - A Field Full of Fun

The Profile Brotherhood is a group of pilots that I founded in 2002. We built and flew profile planes that were the pinnacle of 3D in 40 sized planes. I'm sure that none of us thought it would still be around 16 years later! Each year since the beginning I have hosted an event in Nashville. This year we celebrated our 15th year in the Leipersfork pasture. We are one of the only groups allowed to use the field and the reason is simple, the Bros leave the field as nice as they found it.

OGs

This year we had some original Bros from the early days show up. Gordo was one of the early adopters but had not flown in 10 years. After Nashbro he went home with two new planes and a thirst for FPV. Gator was Pro Bro number 2. He showed up Saturday shook the hands of many surprised newer Bros. Danoh is an OG and flew all the way in from Washington state. There are many other Bros that take there vacation time at NashBro.

Thanks

Now for some thanks. A big thanks to Bryce Custer and his wife Liz. Bryce actually taught me how to fly RC way back in the day. It's pretty amazing that he and I now host this yearly event. The field owner has always been very nice to us and we appreciate that he lets us do our thing in his 200-acre pasture. Really the biggest thanks go to the Bros that show up year after year because without them it would just be a field! ProBro Thumbskull brings the sound system, many Bros bring things to help offset the cost of the insurance, porta-johns and more.

Great Weather

This year it started out rainy. I was afraid it would dissuade pilots from showing up but when I rolled into the field Thursday morning (after setting up Wednesday) was amazed at how many tents were on the mainline! Thursday was as big as many Saturdays that I have seen. The rain stopped and the temps were very nice for the rest of the week. It was some of the best weather we have had in years.

We Fly!

The name of the game is that we fly. The only break in the action is our mass hover. This was invented at our first event in 2002. We get every pilot available in the air to hover. I then count them down and they launch into a vertical drag race to the skies. I sometimes dedicate a vertical drag race to Pro Bros that have passed away. It seems fitting to remember them as our planes race to heavens. We did have some kids on the field this year so with help from the AMA AMA VP Randy Cameron and District 6 VP Gary Himes) we did a candy drop or two. They also handed out planes to the kids.

Nashbro 2013 ProBro Song Video (3 min 40 sec)

What It's About

After so many years you have to ask yourself what keeps bringing these guys back? You could say it's the profiles, or the Southern hospitality of the little town, or the nightly bonfires, or the night flying. I think what really brings folks back is the camaraderie and friendships that have been created. I think they feel just a little bit more at home in the NashBro field. Maybe they fit in better there or they feel more accepted. These are all good reasons because they are true!!

The Photos

I put the event together and run it so capturing event coverage is tricky business but I'm happy to say I did grab some photos to share with folks that could not make it to the world's largest profile plane gathering. If you like what you see I invite you to join us next year. You don't have to fly profile, we see sailplanes, helis, quads and more in the air. The only rule is that you have fun!!

Oct 03, 2018, 03:40 PM
Admin Deluxe
Here are some photos shot by myself and some I borrowed from the Bros...
Oct 03, 2018, 06:44 PM
Flying Low
Very nice Jim. Nice to see all the photos since I wasn’t able to make it.
Oct 03, 2018, 06:58 PM
Awesome pics Jim
Had a great time hanging with you and Bryce and Bro's from all over.
Can't wait to see what 2019 brings
Oct 03, 2018, 09:00 PM
Great pictures! Thank you for posting them!
Oct 04, 2018, 09:14 AM
Great Pics, got to relive it for a bit
Oct 06, 2018, 05:54 PM
Always a fun time, Billy! Thank you and brother Bryce for always making me long for September every year sense 2011!

Here are my short videos

The event that never happened. Pre event (0 min 6 sec)

Some don’t come back (1 min 30 sec)

“Don’t touch me!” Said the dorkitdan (0 min 34 sec)

Blew a can (2 min 7 sec)

Viking Funeral for the gheyjo (0 min 44 sec)

NitroJ getting giddy with the glitter (2 min 55 sec)

“I don’t need no stinking elevators” (4 min 10 sec)

Nashbro Saturday Mass Hover (5 min 13 sec)

EFag dorkitdan feeling up the Nitro Glitter (3 min 24 sec)

More OG goofy Glitter ✨ (3 min 17 sec)

Nasbro2018 Friday Mass Hover and Vertical Drags (5 min 54 sec)

Quick Reply