Jan 18, 2019, 04:28 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
This was in our local paper yesterday pulled off the AP.
Yep. Several threads about it. Does not apply to hobby flights. Significant restrictions and hurdles to jump before it happens. Night and over people 2 separate sets of rules. Likely going to require remote ID as well. Plus drone manufacturers will have to certify certain levels of injury based on FAA guidelines. So not going to happen soon.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2019, 06:16 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52
This was in our local paper yesterday pulled off the AP.
Perfect example of Fake News.

Mike
Jan 18, 2019, 06:23 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663

Mike
How so? The FAA is indeed going to change the rules for sUAS operations by Part 107 pilots over people and at night. The only part really being missed is how long it will take. So at worst it's incomplete news, but in no way "fake".
Jan 18, 2019, 11:18 PM
Quote:

Mike
Perfect example of “just because one disagrees with a news story doesn’t make it untrue.”

RStrowe
Jan 19, 2019, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
How so? The FAA is indeed going to change the rules for sUAS operations by Part 107 pilots over people and at night. The only part really being missed is how long it will take. So at worst it's incomplete news, but in no way "fake".
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
Perfect example of “just because one disagrees with a news story doesn’t make it untrue.”

RStrowe
Never mentioned either item ( in bold) ? Maybe I shouldnt have used the term "fake news" hows "misleading horse ####" work for you guys?

Due to that fact that it pertains to COMMERCIAL not HOBBYIST. Add the little fact that who knows WHEN & IF it may happen.

Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Jan 19, 2019 at 07:03 AM.
Jan 19, 2019, 08:40 AM
Most people (and news reporters are people) just don't know that there's a difference, and reporters writing up a minor news item are often not given time to research it and simply state a plane-language version (thus not mentioning "Part 107" which would have no meaning to most readers) of what was stated by the agency. "Misleading" is not always intentional.
Jan 19, 2019, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Never mentioned either item ( in bold) ? Maybe I shouldnt have used the term "fake news" hows "misleading horse ####" work for you guys?

Due to that fact that it pertains to COMMERCIAL not HOBBYIST. Add the little fact that who knows WHEN & IF it may happen.

Mike
Misleading to those too lazy or otherwise to bother reading.
The word “commercial “ is used a few times, as is the phrase
“special training “, along with the naming of several commercial
enterprises hoping to benefit.
Double eye roll for you.
Jan 19, 2019, 10:54 AM
Team Futaba
Still not "fake". It may be incomplete, but it is in no way fake. Remember, the normal definition of fake means it is essentially a lie, which it is not.
Jan 19, 2019, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer
Misleading to those too lazy or otherwise to bother reading.
The word “commercial “ is used a few times, as is the phrase
“special training “, along with the naming of several commercial
enterprises hoping to benefit.
Double eye roll for you.
Here's problem most just saw the headline made their decision and moved on. Actually thinking job blow public knows the difference between commercial and hobbyist is also a joke and not even a a factor here. Even most hobbyist are clueless on this topic. Need proof ? Just look back to when registration was enacted many hobbyist thought they were exempt and many today still believe that.

Double "rolleyes" ........................................don't make me laugh............................

Mike
Jan 19, 2019, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Here's problem most just saw the headline made their decision and moved on. Actually thinking job blow public knows the difference between commercial and hobbyist is also a joke and not even a a factor here. Even most hobbyist are clueless on this topic. Need proof ? Just look back to when registration was enacted many hobbyist thought they were exempt and many today still believe that.

Double "rolleyes" ........................................don't make me laugh............................

Mike
Well, ya can’t fix stupid. If people can’t be bothered to read the article (which makes it abundantly clear this pertains to commercial operations), they are then grossly misinformed, but again I ask, how does that make the story ‘Fake News?’

‘You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink’ comes to mind.

RStrowe
Jan 20, 2019, 05:49 AM
It's the same the world over.
There are people in this country who think that none of the regulations apply to sub-250g craft.

Jan 20, 2019, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStrowe
Well, ya can’t fix stupid. If people can’t be bothered to read the article (which makes it abundantly clear this pertains to commercial operations), they are then grossly misinformed, but again I ask, how does that make the story ‘Fake News?’

‘You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink’ comes to mind.

RStrowe
From post 170.

"Maybe I shouldnt have used the term "fake news" hows "misleading horse ####" work for you guys?"

The problem is we keep assuming people actually know the difference between us and commercial or even care to learn the difference. We are all lumped together.

Mike
Jan 20, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote:
From post 170.

"Maybe I shouldnt have used the term "fake news" hows "misleading horse ####" work for you guys?"

The problem is we keep assuming people actually know the difference between us and commercial or even care to learn the difference. We are all lumped together.

Mike
Ok, as you usually seem to be one of the more level-headed posters here,
I’m going to stop assuming that I know what point you
are trying to make, because I just don’t, I guess.
Would you please try again?
Jan 20, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaflyer
Ok, as you usually seem to be one of the more level-headed posters here,
I’m going to stop assuming that I know what point you
are trying to make, because I just don’t, I guess.
Would you please try again?
I'll pass. I really don't have the time or desire to do 20 or 30 posts just yo end up back were we started. Got to go watch paint dry on one of my models..

Mike

Quick Reply