Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 04, 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap
UK art boards that were a good quality product had the same problem... I used to leave them in a bath for ages, then the stripping took ages ... not satisfactory at all... finally I found uncovered depron and swapped to that .. Ive still got a box some where of the paper covered board which is much too heavy with the paper on, to be used...
I found a solution. It it's time consuming though. If you heat up the paper enough the glue let's go and the paper plus glue comes clean off. I used a hsair dryer on high but I found outhersnbused a heat gun. Font get it too hot though as it can shrink the foam.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2018, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_W
Enjoying this beautiful day! This v1 is unpredictable..or mine is anyway...I hope with some MPF and new plans for the v3, it will be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezt1JgV5xMM
Looks like it's flying well. Unpredictable? Have u tried balancing the wings? On mine due to where I had to mount esc and wires being on line side it was heavy on one side. I balanced it out with a small battery on the other wing which made a big difference. Especially in barriers. There'ds a lot of wing area I found it catches the wind really easily.
Nov 05, 2018, 01:21 PM
FinLly got the video. Not made any changes. Winds we're super low so could actually fly it the way I wanted to.

Harriers like a chsnmp hovers easily even for a beginner. Cannot get it to knife edge just flips over.

I had a shot of an sbach foamie and the rudder okn that behaves totally different even to the small 3d shockie i hsve. The sbach when using just s little rudder gives a nice flat turn with hasrdly any sileron corrections needed and eill turn quite alot.

Where as sll the oither plsnes i have the rudder requires slot nof sileron to keep it from rolling. Seems there is a lot of coupling going on compared to a well designed/setup 3d plane.

The sbach will start rolling once u start using slot of rudder
QV3D XL (6 min 56 sec)
Nov 05, 2018, 04:46 PM
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
FinLly got the video. Not made any changes. Winds we're super low so could actually fly it the way I wanted to.

Harriers like a chsnmp hovers easily even for a beginner. Cannot get it to knife edge just flips over.

I had a shot of an sbach foamie and the rudder okn that behaves totally different even to the small 3d shockie i hsve. The sbach when using just s little rudder gives a nice flat turn with hasrdly any sileron corrections needed and eill turn quite alot.

Where as sll the oither plsnes i have the rudder requires slot nof sileron to keep it from rolling. Seems there is a lot of coupling going on compared to a well designed/setup 3d plane.

The sbach will start rolling once u start using slot of rudder
https://youtu.be/y4nD8fNKqBk
Nice! Enjoyed your video and the XL looks like it flies great. That is a beautiful place to fly.
Nov 05, 2018, 05:38 PM
Yeah it's a nice club especially during week in winter time when u dfolnt mind being a bit cold. Lots of cool guys.
Nov 06, 2018, 05:28 AM
The rudder on the Q is very strong...perhaps we need to use a massive expo setting.. If the balance on the fuz is good only small rudder inputs might do the job..
Nov 07, 2018, 12:59 AM
flyin' fool
With a conventional airframe like the Sbach, when in knife edge, the rudder becomes the elevator and the elevator the rudder.

With a delta, the rudder becomes the elevator, and the elevons the rudder. But elevon movement also can induce aileron movement as well if your not careful.

So, if the CG is right, it only takes small movements to keep it on it's side. Just a bit too much and it will roll over.
Nov 07, 2018, 01:02 AM
flyin' fool
Baz: Sounds like you need to balance the prop.
Nov 07, 2018, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Baz: Sounds like you need to balance the prop.
Probably they are cheap hk ones 11x4. Either that or I have a bent motor shaft. Or nthe prop adapter isn't ln suite straight. This motor has taken a few hits in it's time.

I do have one of those dubro balances however it's a fake copy. The shaft it came with was too big wouldn't fit the clones. I finally got a replacement it came in a padded envelope so it was bent. Not to mention that the wheels are pretty poor so it's useless. Need to find my other prop balancer
Nov 18, 2018, 03:45 AM
Finally its flown...and I find Ive made some mistakes, noticeably the COG was calculated wrong.. and being rear heavy it did some odd things..
lol .. all good fun , it was still flyable.. but a B** to try and trim..

now wheels are added , skids were poor..
flying weight at 8.5oz... with a 2s 450
15gms ballast added to get a 22.5% COG
wing loading at 3.2 ozsqft.
Last edited by davereap; Nov 18, 2018 at 03:51 AM.
Nov 18, 2018, 05:04 AM
Very nice will need to try that fin shape on mine. I haven't had much flights on the xl one due too winds. It's a nhasndfull I. Anything other than 5MPH and less.
Nov 18, 2018, 02:38 PM
the fin shape is only altered in order to get the vertical areas percentages closer to ideal...
eg: if the wing is balanced at 22.5% then the fuzz should have 22.5% of its vertical area in front of the same spot...
ts not easy with the body shape as it is.. I can only achieve about 20%..perhaps less.. which should result in the nose dropping when banked over... with even more area at the back..ie bigger fins , the percentage will be lower and the nose will drop even faster....
If you have more area at the front the nose will rise when banked over... and that causes problems.. its better to drop, and hold it with some rudder.....

Quick Reply