Jun 25, 2019, 03:57 PM
Have you checked T9 Hobbysport here in the uk? They might be able to get some out fast to you.

I saw the discussion on FB after Vincent posted about it. I like to think people can be trusted not to have it on, but also since it’s a WC, if it were me, I’d not a have RX in place that had a built in vario to begin with.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2019, 04:07 PM
FIN-5414
Yes,
in retrospect indeed a good point. When I got to FrSky I didn’t think I’d be called to WCh and happy go lucky simply got the ones with Vario although in competitions it is inactivated (SoarOTX has this nice function). It is a great tool for optimising the plane performance but in this case becomes a bug. An expensive bug.

Didn’t find any at Hobbysport
Last edited by meeks; Jun 25, 2019 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Typo
Jun 25, 2019, 04:22 PM
solastagia
Aloft might be able to help you out, they seem to have 6 RX6, and also have the DR4 and X4R:

https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-rx6r.html

Kevin
Jun 25, 2019, 05:47 PM
T9 have 20+ of the RX6R on the ACCESS fw, just reflash back to normal.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:56 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans

915 must be legal as you have a few high profile freestyle and racing quad guys over there and on Crossfire.
Based on the few examples that I know of quad flyers openly flaunting the law in my region, I don't consider that an reliable indicator.
There is one example of this published on youtube. A quad was flown to 3000 foot altitude in the flight path of our local airport!
The legislation includes jail penalties apply for contravening RF frequency regulations here in Australia.
Jun 25, 2019, 05:57 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
T9 have 20+ of the RX6R on the ACCESS fw, just reflash back to normal.
When I do get back to thermal flying, I will be using one of the FrSky non telemetry receivers (X8R) . I'll build another stand alone "Poor Mans Vario".
They work just like the full size; variable pitch and volume.
Jun 25, 2019, 06:20 PM
X8R has full telemetry and smart port for all the sensors, right?

Why not just use the high precision Frsky vario?

Either way, 915 is legal according to Google.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Jun 25, 2019 at 06:56 PM.
Jun 25, 2019, 09:04 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
X8R also has the worst antenna setup possible, they're a right PITA to install in most gliders due to the blade antennas. You can buy a set of whiskers, but by that point an RX8R Pro becomes a more practical choice.

I'd go with a G-RX8 for the longer-ranged RF front end, or a RX8R Pro as an alternative 8ch unit (as it comes with proper whiskers)
Jun 26, 2019, 03:09 AM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
Based on the few examples that I know of quad flyers openly flaunting the law in my region, I don't consider that an reliable indicator.
There is one example of this published on youtube. A quad was flown to 3000 foot altitude in the flight path of our local airport!
The legislation includes jail penalties apply for contravening RF frequency regulations here in Australia.
TBS Crossfire and Frsky R9 has secured licensing for legal use in EU and north america. I do not know Aussie rules though as I am in Canada. Many FPVers follow the rules and like myself have secured HAM license to use certain radio devices legally within HAM rules.

https://www.team-blacksheep.com/tbs-...re-fcc-15c.pdf

FPV miniquads cannot generally reach 3000ft, BTW. Most flown treetops and below. It's the DJI videography quads that have turned the world of RC upside down.

Personally I would not bother with the 900MHz bands for my DLGs though - I can't see 400 metres, let alone 14km range those sytems offer. However the little R9MM receiver is delightfully light and tiny, has 4 PWM outputs, telemetry, only one antenna to mount, and heck might work OK mounted within full carbon (OK I have not tried that and do not plan to).
Jun 26, 2019, 04:37 AM
Deleted.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Jun 26, 2019 at 05:38 AM.
Jun 26, 2019, 07:58 AM
FIN-5414

Looks like Iíll be fine. Managed to source 5xRX4R and 2xRX6R.

Thanks for the support!

>m
Jun 27, 2019, 12:46 AM
I have to give a Shout out to Aloft for their customer service. I have 3 G-rx6 receivers and I had an issue where a couple of them lost the bind after sitting for a while. Aloft offered, and did replace all three. I received them in less than a week. They asked that I return the ones I had, and sent the replacements before they had received mine. I do not know how there could have been better customer service.

Quick Reply