This thread is privately moderated by Ssayer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 30, 2018, 09:27 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Discussion

Eachine E015 With Flight Boat Car

Eachine E015 With Flight Boat Car 3-mode Altitude Hold Mode RC Drone Quadcopter RTF

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E01...p-1344017.html
(Note that this is NOT an affiliate link. I do my reviews because it's FUN, I get to play with stuff that I might not otherwise buy, and to give others a real life clue as to how the darn thing works!)

First, the disclaimer: Banggood sent me this for testing and review (thank you!)

What do you get for your money? Let me start with this... it's a toy. For this kind of money, don't go expecting a Phantom 4, it isn't going to happen! Now, what you do get is a transmitter, a brushed motors quad, a 220mAh battery (or up to three depending on what you've picked), a "hover" car body, a foam boat pad, charger, two extra props, and a small Phillips screwdriver (in a BIG box!!!).

Name: bb.jpg
Views: 62
Size: 443.5 KB
Description: Name: aa.jpg
Views: 60
Size: 340.1 KB
Description:

On to how it performs, which I'll divide into three segments: Quad, Car, and Boat.

Quad:
Simply for testing I charged the battery (it charged to 4.22v) and did a plain Jane hover, a couple of flips, tested Altitude hold, RTT, etc., but nothing fast. I got 5:26 until it reached it's LVC. It's LVC gave me a resting voltage of 3.37v so I won't be running it to LVC again, but this was just for an Apples to Apples test. FWIW, I have to say that Altitude hold worked extremely well. Be prepared for RTT when the quad gets close!!! On the next battery, I zipped around the viewable house (because it's LOS) doing flips, rolls, etc. and stopped at 3 minutes. After resting, the battery was at 3.67v. Good enough. It flew quite well. Being that the battery is a little heavy at 220mAh, it didn't seem to hamper quick maneuvering too much, and I understand them wanting a larger battery in there than they have for the E010 because it'll make a noticeable difference with the Car and Boat setup.

Car:
The quad snaps on to the body of the car using two pins and even though there is a tail fin, it steers by props alone so there is No reverse. That said, this thing zips on hardwood, tile and even on my carpeted floors. It's surprisingly quick!

Boat:
They show two pics in the description. One has the boats running in a small ornamental pond, the other has them zipping with water getting tossed from the speed in a large swimming pool. Guess which picture is more accurate! This is a lot of boat for those four little motors and props to be pushing along. High speeds are just NOT going to happen. Once again, this is a toy. It does move along nicely in the water. If you want a battery powered speed boat, go check the prices.

Pros and cons:

Pro:
Low cost
Very adequate indoor starter quad
Beginner, Standard, and Advanced mode
Does all the little "tricks"
Fun little "hover" car
Ok as a small pool or ornamental pond boat

Con:
Brushed motors
Slow-ish boat
No reverse in Car or Boat mode because of brushed motors
Transmitter Protocol? It's either, not the same as my E010, or?? (I'll continue looking for an answer here)

Conclusion:

Would I buy this for ME? Nope, well at least not for me, but... Would I buy it for my 6 year old grandson? In a heartbeat. I gave him an E010 already and (remembering his age), he does OK with it. The beauty of this, is being able to use it as a car or boat as well. You get rid of that third dimension and things get easier quickly. Even for an older kid or an adult, as a starter quad with extras, this would be just the ticket. If they get frustrated trying to fly, for sure the car and boat are a breeze.

Addendum:
I got a review model and there were no instructions (and no PDF on their site), so I may be missing things. If so, I'll add them as I find them.

Update thanks to SoloProFan: "In hovercraft mode you only need throttle which is left and rudder is then on the right. If you want to start in hovercraft mode right away, either connect battery with the quad level on the floor, put on transmitter, move throttle up and down, and then clip the quad on the hovercraft body.
Or, connect battery, with quad already clipped onto the hovercraft body, then hold the hovercraft such that the quad is right side up, and hold. Then turn on transmitter, move throttle up and down, and then put the hovercraft down on the ground. You will see it will start right in "ground mode" and props will only run if the throttle is moved up from center."
Last edited by Ssayer; Sep 30, 2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Updates
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply