Jul 16, 2019, 02:46 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Hey, heads up, the Hubsan Zino white or black is $239 now. I've not seen this coupon code posted anywhere on this board after running a search, so I apologize if someone already brought it up.

The coupon code is BGH117S20

Here is a link to the exact model you need to add to the cart to get that deal and you can switch between white or the new black one. At least for me in the United States, it must come from GWTR warehouse, without storage bag, and 1 battery. The "sale" on BG's homepage doesn't exactly make it clear, and you get it $5 cheaper with this. 8/2019 this coupon code still works.

I bought my Zino used with an extra battery, got a really nice deal thanks to someone on it -- and it arrived last week. So far I've been cautiously amazed with the little guy. I'm not touching the newer firmware for sure with respect to the camera quality "downgrade." Flying here gave me zero problems reaching 2000ft out. After flying a crapton of sh*tty toys and halfhearted attempts at camera drones over the years the Zino is something different. The only thing I don't really like is how cheap the controller feels. I stayed away from buying one for months since I had no desire to deal with crappy firmware. Definitely looking forward to sharing some nice pictures soon, the last 2 days the weather has been pissing rain down on me. I already own a DJI Mavic Pro & a Spark but it's refreshing to use an aircraft that is "free" -- you know?
Last edited by JohnCC; Aug 05, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2019, 03:14 PM
Gravity Tester
New Android app out today.. 1.6.10

Quote:
WHAT'S NEW
Zino added apron search function(beta).
Support for Android 5.0 and above.
Fix some bugs.
Jul 18, 2019, 12:54 AM

Hubsan Zino FPV Firmware Upgrade IT_V0.3.8 vs IT_V0.3.6 comparison

Hubsan Zino FPV Firmware Upgrade IT_V0.3.8 vs IT_V0.3.6 comparison (32 min 49 sec)
Jul 18, 2019, 04:46 AM
I did notice that 'pulsing' after the 0.3.8 upgrade in that ^ video; the image going slightly darker and lighter again and again, especially when flying towards the road.

So weird that Hubsan came out with this firmware 'upgrade'
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jul 18, 2019 at 05:01 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 05:49 AM
The drones from GB and BG finally arrived..
And had my first flight with the Zino..
Even though it was very windy.. supprisingly steady and ideal for handlanding as I dont got my landingpad yet.
This is the version with square camera and not round like previous..unsure if hubsan has changed more then just camera housing but the square camhousing seems to be the norm the last months...
Here Is a sample..please have in mind, first flight and I'm new hence GPS video drones, does it perform up to the task as to what one can expect from the Zino??

Footage 4K.
Inner Copenhagen just beside Christiania .. me down at 3:27 with white car.

20190716 130527 0002 AA (3 min 40 sec)

The motors are a tad bigger on the Zino 25.4mm vs Fimi X8SE 24mm
But it is a weird feeling to have such a GPS quad hanging high up in the air and you cant see it..spoooky feeling here the first time..

otherwise pretty fly app data that Hubsan delivers, where you can see your stats, and distance, altitude, and even run a map run showing your flight route meanwhile.. I don't see stuff like that on Fimi X8SE app but haven't flown that yet so could easily be me not taking notice,, .
Last edited by DaneLaw; Jul 18, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
Jul 18, 2019, 07:59 AM
When I ordered my Zino from Banggood processing time was 12-16 days; that has passed and processing time is now 29 days

Guess they go like the proverbial hotcakes
Jul 18, 2019, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
When I ordered my Zino from Banggood processing time was 12-16 days; that has passed and processing time is now 29 days

Guess they go like the proverbial hotcakes
the same thing happened to me....
I canceled the order completely and waited for the refund.
Then I choose an option with 24 hours dispatch (changed from black to white and for the 3 batteries pack) and I got it within a week :-)
Jul 18, 2019, 10:01 AM
I purchase the Zino at 16-6 from Banggood with coupon.
I was orignally after the black version only native, and no extras, but that option was not stocked, instead the black with box and 2 batteries was in stocked.
it was shipped 3 days later at 19-6 and arrived at 12-7.. in hindsight very glad that I went for the storage-box.
atm they have the black with box and 1 batt in stock, but often you can not trust those stock listings. so take it with a pinch of salt.

Here is another video from the same day..Im trying to sense if it does look like it should or there are any weaknesses or sensor defects' like some users have encounted?
another 4k video.
is it up to the normal Zino-standard?? all is standard and auto and no update at all, like it arrived.
20190716 133632 0004 AA (6 min 10 sec)

here is a media dump of the above video, before yt.
but it seems the Zino-system makes two videos of each recording.. one called A and one called B, the B is very low quality, perhaps the stream, but it seems even lower than that, but only been out with the quad once, as i live in the inner Copenhagen city, so need some driving distance before areas. .
but next time will take the X8 along and go over to that water with windmills in the above video.
Quote:
General
Complete name : H:\picture\video\20190716_133632_0004_AA.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : JVT
Codec ID : avc1 (avc1/isom)
File size : 2.38 GiB
Duration : 6 min 9 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 55.4 Mb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2019-07-16 13:36:22
Tagged date : UTC 2019-07-16 13:36:22

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 56.1 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.226
Stream size : 2.36 GiB (99%)
Title : Ambarella AVC
Language : English
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Jul 18, 2019, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1
the same thing happened to me....
I canceled the order completely and waited for the refund.
Then I choose an option with 24 hours dispatch (changed from black to white and for the 3 batteries pack) and I got it within a week :-)
Been thinking about doing the same, but it's not like I have nothing to fly with, so choose to be patient ... but it was rather annoying to see the processing time pushed back like that
Jul 18, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneLaw
but it seems the Zino-system makes two videos of each recording.. one called A and one called B, the B is very low quality, perhaps the stream, but it seems even lower than that, but only been out with the quad once, as i live in the inner Copenhagen city, so need some driving distance before areas. .
but next time will take the X8 along and go over to that water with windmills in the above video.
That low res version is probably for playback on your phone; you don't need 4K for that
Jul 18, 2019, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
That low res version is probably for playback on your phone; you don't need 4K for that
It is very low res 432p.. the original AA version is 2.4GB with 55mbps bitrate, while the AB version is 100mb with a bitrate at 2.27mbps and if it is the fpv stream, it does also says something about the amount tthat are being transferred back to tx..
Here is the AB version, and it is named identical to the above just with AB instead of AA.
the system makes this extra video alongside the 4k footage..

20190716 133632 0004 AB (6 min 10 sec)

Wondering if it is the FPV-stream,?? if it is, then it could be interesting to see the bitrate on FW 3.8 that have humped the main 55mbps to 45mbps and if that ones FPV AB footage' is higher then 2.27mbps on the AB video here, and if Hubsan is trying to adjust the FPV stream quality up, while dropping the 4K footage down and perhaps make some headroom, (please don't Hubsan)

AB version.
Quote:
Generelt
General
Complete name : H:\picture\video\20190716_133632_0004_AB.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : JVT
Codec ID : avc1 (avc1/isom)
File size : 100 MiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 270 kb/s

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 097 kb/s
Width : 768 pixels
Height : 432 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.211
Stream size : 92.6 MiB (93%)
Title : Ambarella AVC
Language : English
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Last edited by DaneLaw; Jul 18, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 09:24 PM
KC5UH transmits -------->
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneLaw
It is very low res 432p.. the original AA version is 2.4GB with 55mbps bitrate, while the AB version is 100mb with a bitrate at 2.27mbps and if it is the fpv stream, it does also says something about the amount tthat are being transferred back to tx..
Here is the AB version, and it is named identical to the above just with AB instead of AA.
the system makes this extra video alongside the 4k footage..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjHRxBUSlc

Wondering if it is the FPV-stream,?? if it is, then it could be interesting to see the bitrate on FW 3.8 that have humped the main 55mbps to 45mbps and if that ones FPV AB footage' is higher then 2.27mbps on the AB video here, and if Hubsan is trying to adjust the FPV stream quality up, while dropping the 4K footage down and perhaps make some headroom, (please don't Hubsan)

AB version.
People are using the AB version to edit their video files so it does not take forever and when done editing, are substituting the AA file for the final result. Do not ask me how!
Jul 19, 2019, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ham2405
People are using the AB version to edit their video files so it does not take forever and when done editing, are substituting the AA file for the final result. Do not ask me how!
It is really easy in Adobe Premiere Pro. You simply edit with your low-res file. When you're done You just select your file in the "project window" (a place where you can see all your imported files). Right-click -> replace footage... and that's it.
Last edited by Yackal; Jul 19, 2019 at 03:25 AM.
Jul 19, 2019, 03:57 AM
can someone recommend a good charger for the zino.
Preferably a faster one, that can handle all 3 batteries at the same time.
Jul 19, 2019, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1
can someone recommend a good charger for the zino.
Preferably a faster one, that can handle all 3 batteries at the same time.
this one:
http://bit.ly/SkyRcS60

or this one:
http://bit.ly/SkyRcS65

here the tutorial:
HUBSAN ZINO BATTERY HOW TO CHARGE WITH PRO CHARGER / Come caricare la batteria dello Zino (4 min 4 sec)

It is good to charge one LiHV at time

Quick Reply