Thread Tools
Sep 30, 2018, 08:37 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
New Product

Hubsan Zino - 4K camera, 3 axis gimbal, foldable design



Available soon on HERE


The new Hubsan Zino is here and this looks like a big step up for Hubsan. Although the design is similar with already existing drones such as the DJI Mavic, Autel EVO, etc, this new entry has some other features to be taken into consideration and the first one is PRICE, currently rated at ~ 370$ is one of the cheapest 4K camera, 3 axis gimbal foldable drones on the market.


The new Zino comes feature packed and includes various smart flight modes, image tracking and usual failsafes. Of course it's backed by GPS so positioning an return to home are included.


The new camera uses an Ambarella chipset which provides up to 4K video, probably the configuration includes a Sony sensor as well and coupled with the 3 axis gimbal it should provide smoot footage.


Beside normal what is considered normal functions the Zino comes with modes such as panorama and line fly, automated filming which creates various effects.


The new Zino also promises a good 23 minutes flight time, while not close to the others wich will get close to 30 minutes it's still a decent flight time for its size and tech.


A new thing for the Hubsan is also the image tracking, while already "old tech" for DJI quads this is a true novelty in low cost drones, definitely a feature to have.


Together with the Zino there is also a new transmitter with the code name HT016B, this will work with your mobile phone and the X-Hubsan App for drone control, FPV, waypoints, etc.


Tech specs & official features:

4K Ultra High Definition
Real Time FPV
5.8Ghz RC Control Series
5.8Ghz Video Transmission
Max Flight Time 23 Minutes
Size: L304.6*W252.4*H90mm
Max Flight Time:23 minutes
Flying Weight :700g(propeller guard not included)
Drone battery: Intelligent Battery 11.4V 3100mAh
Motor Brushless Motors
Charging Time- 180 Minutes
Built-in 4K high-performance camera
Transmission Distance: 1KM
HD WI-FI video transmission
FPV:Immersive Experience
Flight Control Failsafe/Low Power Failsafe
GPS/Follow Me/Headless/RTH

Included in the box:

1 X Aircraft
1 X Intelligent Flight battery
1 X HT016 Remote Controller
2 X Propellers (pair)
1 X gimbal protector
8 X propeller screws
1 X propeller Wrench
1 X AC Adapter
1 X Balance Charger
1 X USB Charger for Aircraft battery
1 X USB Charger for transmitter battery
1 X RC cable(Lightning connector)
1 X RC cable(standard Micro USB connector)
1 X RC cable(USB Type-C connector)
1 X user manual
2 X propeller screws (pair)


More to follow



Available soon on HERE
Last edited by TechTronic9000; Oct 08, 2018 at 01:13 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2018, 08:37 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
#reserved1
Sep 30, 2018, 08:38 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
#reserved2
Oct 01, 2018, 01:40 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
For anyone interested in getting one early and cheaper you can go to the official site: https://www.hubsan.com/na/ and they have a 50$ OFF coupon in the product page.
Oct 02, 2018, 01:57 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
If specs are correct (~700g for a 23min 3-axis gimbal machine) and if stabilization is as efficient as DJI, Autel or Parrot .... can be a hit
Oct 02, 2018, 06:45 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
If specs are correct (~700g for a 23min 3-axis gimbal machine) and if stabilization is as efficient as DJI, Autel or Parrot .... can be a hit
Yes, you are right, it could be a "poor-man Mavic". We just have to wait a bit some more to actually get one and properly test it.
Oct 03, 2018, 02:32 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar

Got one!


Well I have never been an early adopter before but after seeing what this drone has for under $400, I had to pull the trigger on it. I've also never pre-ordered before...well I can never say those two things again!

It's compact, has a decent out-of-the-box range of 1 KM and broadcasts on 5.8 ghz so I'm hoping my Fatshark Goggles will work too. The real selling point was the 4K camera with the 3-axis gimbal. A GoPro is more than the price of this drone! Now with waypoints and image tracking.

I'm wondering if the camera captures audio and video or just video as my 501SS does???
Also, I'm sure the "intelligent battery" will cost a bunch to order extra.
It also would have been nice to get the flight time to 30 minutes minimum but, hey, if all of this works as advertised I'll be a happy camper.

I did get the $50 coupon but the website was difficult to navigate. You have to login with Hubsan first and then go through your info and then payment and then there is a blank for the coupon and it doesn't enter it automatically, just right click and paste (after you have clicked on the coupon initially) and it autofills then. It was also free shipping, so $319 total drive out price. It says it will ship on October 30th (hope it's no Halloween joke!)

Will report back when I have it...

Russ
Oct 05, 2018, 04:42 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
Looking forward to your experience with it.
Oct 08, 2018, 01:11 AM
Registered User
TechTronic9000's Avatar
Thread OP
The ZINO was listed as coming soon already HERE
Oct 08, 2018, 08:15 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Probably a first snapshot...

Panoramas (0 min 23 sec)


color rendition is not impressive .... not super smooth also in the yaw command but normal with 30fps only


don't know if it's software stabilized....

I hope the [email protected] fps setting is here as well
Oct 08, 2018, 12:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010
Well I have never been an early adopter before but after seeing what this drone has for under $400, I had to pull the trigger on it. I've also never pre-ordered before...well I can never say those two things again!



It's compact, has a decent out-of-the-box range of 1 KM and broadcasts on 5.8 ghz so I'm hoping my Fatshark Goggles will work too. The real selling point was the 4K camera with the 3-axis gimbal. A GoPro is more than the price of this drone! Now with waypoints and image tracking.



I'm wondering if the camera captures audio and video or just video as my 501SS does???

Also, I'm sure the "intelligent battery" will cost a bunch to order extra.

It also would have been nice to get the flight time to 30 minutes minimum but, hey, if all of this works as advertised I'll be a happy camper.



I did get the $50 coupon but the website was difficult to navigate. You have to login with Hubsan first and then go through your info and then payment and then there is a blank for the coupon and it doesn't enter it automatically, just right click and paste (after you have clicked on the coupon initially) and it autofills then. It was also free shipping, so $319 total drive out price. It says it will ship on October 30th (hope it's no Halloween joke!)



Will report back when I have it...



Russ


Great deal. So I decided to preorder as well as an xmas present for my son. Iím sure it will be much better than the 501s I was considering.
Oct 08, 2018, 01:47 PM
I kill batteries!
Don't expect any 5.8 goggle/module setup to pickup the video feed from this unless you use a groundstation type deal to convert it but by then the latency would be horrible.

This rig uses 5.8 wifi not 5.8 analog...at least from the description.

According to the description here in this thread the RC control is also 5.8 but the banggood link doesn't specify it.

It's going to be a "watch and see" kind of thing with this one. I pre-ordered the yuneec mantis q (have a yuneec q5004k that never let me down) but if this performs well it may be something to look at playing with.
Oct 08, 2018, 03:46 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
RGS2010's Avatar
I know I'm engaging in risky behavior!

I'll report whatever I find out...if I have any problems I'll sick Paypal on 'em

I have to say though that I've never had a minute's problem with the 501SS that I've been flying constantly for about a year. Still working like a champ.

I'm not looking for any real lengthy FPV sessions, if I get 1 KM that would be enough for my needs.
Oct 09, 2018, 02:29 AM
Registered User
this appears to be a duplicate of this thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...san-H117s-Zino
Can they be merged?
Oct 09, 2018, 02:33 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
Don't expect any 5.8 goggle/module setup to pickup the video feed from this unless you use a groundstation type deal to convert it but by then the latency would be horrible.

This rig uses 5.8 wifi not 5.8 analog...at least from the description.

According to the description here in this thread the RC control is also 5.8 but the banggood link doesn't specify it.

It's going to be a "watch and see" kind of thing with this one. I pre-ordered the yuneec mantis q (have a yuneec q5004k that never let me down) but if this performs well it may be something to look at playing with.

If there is a 5.8G WiFi link, I hope european Android users won't be in trouble with incompatible channels.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV With 4K 30fps & 1080P Camera 3-Axis Gimbal RC Quadcopter Kenxiaofei Multirotor Drone Talk 7 Dec 31, 2018 04:30 PM
New Product Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV 4K 30fps & 1080P Camera 3-Axis Gimbal Squirrels Mini Multirotor Drones 81 Jul 22, 2017 09:04 AM
New Product Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV With 4K 30fps & 1080P Camera 3-Axis Gimbal RC Quadcopter Kenxiaofei Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Jan 17, 2017 08:49 PM