Dec 26, 2004, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Ohio Model Products - they use "Return Policy of the Day" policies

Had a wonderful go around with Ohio Model Products (OMP) and specifically Dion of that company.

I ordered a flight sim from the company and due to some ethical reasons, decided to cancel the order by refusing to accept delivery.

Prior to doing this, I called a John from the company to inquire about their return policies as they weren't posted anywhere on their website and their email support was about as nasty and caustic as Dion. John told me "they" (I assume the owners of the company) decided on a 10% restocking fee which represents covering their shipping costs and reimburse handling. I feel I'm entiltled to a complete refund since I cancelled the order but cold live with a 10% restocking fee to cover their shipping costs.

That same day, Dion emailed me and said there is a 15% restocking fee PLUS their shipping costs. Clearly an attempt to intimidate me into taking the software.

Today, Mr. Dion email's and tells me there is a 20% restocking fee PLUS their shipping costs to return the software, again giving me the option of having it sent back to me and accept the order.

I guess tomorrow the restocking fee goes up to 25% and so on??

These guys APPEAR to be very helpful UNLESS things do not go their way. I have not had ANY interaction with anyone at the company who, I felt, treated me as a customer and they valued my business. Instead, they use strong arm tactics and intimidation.

Also, it appears that RCU and OMP have a pretty tight relationship going on - RCU appears to defend any posting that may go against OMP. I notice that OMP is a pretty big advertiser on RCU. Of course, Dion, OMP, Marc and RCU all deny ANY collusion going an (imagine that?), there's an ordor over on that board.

I'm continuing the battle and will let everyone know the outcome.

Randy
Columbus Ohio
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply