Sep 17, 2019, 01:29 PM
These look like cracking models... Cannot wait for the delivery of mine!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2019, 12:30 PM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Please see settings for TORO
Last edited by x_Superfly_x; Sep 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM.
Sep 24, 2019, 02:23 PM
Great help. Just to be clear when it says 'down travel' this means the control surface is moved down... Is that right?

Totally stupid question huh? But best to check
Sep 25, 2019, 03:51 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
Yes down travel is the surface moving down and up travel is the surface moving up..

I added a key as for the beginner as it may be a little confusing as when we describe a positive flap setting the surface travel is down, but when we say a positive elevator movement the travel direction is up.

Hope this makes sense
Latest blog entry: Superfly
Sep 26, 2019, 11:41 AM
Just want to say a big thanks to Neil at Superfly.

The Toro has landed pre built and it's a cracking model... Full unboxing and flight videos to follow shortly.
Sep 27, 2019, 08:20 AM
My Toro has been delivered following the 'receiver ready' build by Superfly.

My unboxing video is below:

Toro 1m dlg 'receiver ready' unboxing (9 min 57 sec)
Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone,

I just received a new Toro, and since I have a history of stripping screw holes, I have a question about the wing mounting lugs.

It looks like there's a metal socket (or glued-in nut, or blind nut) below the plastic mounting lugs, but I can't be sure. The holes in the mounting lugs themselves are a touch too small for the included hold-down bolts to fit. So do I either:
1. Use a hand-held drill bit to open up the lug holes to the nut, or
2. Just let the hold-down bolts carefully self-tap into the plastic?

I'd at first think #1, but I do have a RC heli where many of the screws tap into just the plastic itself.

I greatly appreciate your guidance on this.
Feb 13, 2020, 10:41 PM
With out pictures it is hard to say.

First I would contact SuperFly and ask them what is going on and what you should do. You can bet the threads are metric. At this point I would not drill anything until you hear back from SuperFly.

Second ... don't tighten bolts or nuts too tight and you won't strip them out.

edit:: you could also PM Kirill NLM here on RCG as he is the manufacturer of the plane. I expect he would have very good advice for you. For sure I would stop where you are and ask Kirill or Superfly what they think you should do. There may be something you are missing and drilling may not be necessary.
Last edited by Lufo; Feb 13, 2020 at 10:51 PM.
Feb 13, 2020, 11:10 PM
Yes, I have hit the brakes on the project. Since Kirill and Superfly have posted here, and since I assume other would have the same question, it was worth posting.

And my experience in stripping is more from cross-threading that over-tightening. I'm concerned that I may get the threads going in the plastic, but then that may lead to a cross-thread of the metal underneath.
Feb 14, 2020, 07:44 AM
PM Kirill as he does not always look here everyday. I am sure he will have the answer for you.
Feb 15, 2020, 05:40 PM
I went ahead and PM'd Kirill, and he responded:
Hi, you're right there is metal lug inside of fuse and plastic cones are drilling with 2.5 mm after mould to clean them after epoxy inside, the only my explanation that workers forgot to drill this fuse, we drill it with 2.5 mm and then use thread tap M3 to clean the hole.
Now onward with the construction.
Feb 15, 2020, 09:01 PM
Good news then. Have you ever tapped threads before?

A 3mm tap actually uses a bit slightly smaller than 3mm to make the hole. Do not use a 3mm drill bit or it will make the hole too large to tap with a 3mm tap.
Feb 16, 2020, 04:29 AM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
So I see Kirill has already answered here...

Sometimes as Kirill mentioned there can be some cured resin stuck in part of the threads.
So either a tap or harder M3 bolt gently worked can remove this.
Feb 16, 2020, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the responses.
Yes, I have tapped threads. What I've done so far is use a drill bit twisted between my fingers to open up the plastic above the metal lug, to be sure I don't dig into the metal at all.
Then, when a friend loans me his taps later today, I'll clean out the threads with that.

So, no drilling inside the metal threads.
Feb 17, 2020, 02:14 PM
The #1 for F3K and DLG
We have the following models left in stock ready for immediate shipping...…

So information on weight differences...

Wing weight

1P TORO + BULL = 54g
1P TORO = 46g
2P TORO = 54g

Quick Reply