Sep 28, 2018, 08:37 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Volantex V761-3 Super Cub Stabilized RC Airplane Flight Test Review

This inexpensive three channel RC flying model of the Piper Super Cub is stabilized for very easy flying by beginners. You can also turn off the stabilization for sport flying. Find it here .

and here is its flight demonstration.
Volantex V761-3 Super Cub Stabilized RC Airplane Flight Test Review (12 min 45 sec)

Pros
- Ready to fly model of the Piper PA-18 Super Cub.
- Three channel control of throttle, rudder, and elevator.
- Includes selectable gyro stabilization that prevents roll over or stalling, making this plane very hard to crash.
- One key return button turns and flies the plane in the opposite direction that it was pointed.
- Uses widely available and cheap generic 3.7V 360mah battery.

Cons
- One key return function does not return to home. It merely makes the plane fly in the opposite direction that it was pointed when the feature was activated.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2019, 10:42 AM

4-channel Super Cub

Just ordered one of theese too...

Looks like a "Super-Champ" same size as the Parkzone Champ, about same weight, with gyros!

One day later I found this: https://www.exhobby.com/us/sport-cub-500-761-4-rtf.html
The stated price is 109$!!! But then The one I just got was only 53$ (incl freight to Sweden) and this site says 87$, so lets see...

Looks like the same basic model, but with added ailerons...
Seems to have a dedicated button for doing rolls! (thats a first for me)
And a prop-saver, I have that one on my old Nine Eagles Extra 300, sadly it somtimes lets the prop loose in flight (happened to me 2 times, once I actually found the prop...).
If i get the V761-4, I might just glue it in place, but then The Extra 300 is a much bigger/heavier plane, so that prop saver might be fine on a smaller plane, lets see...

Wonder who will get it first, no videos yet, itīs on "presale"

Tommy
Last edited by jimjim06; Jul 03, 2019 at 10:52 AM.
Feb 07, 2020, 10:31 AM
Just Plane Nutts
I have both, and am currently modding the Super Cub into a real super Cub (why didn't the 4 channel "Sport" version get the "Super" title?

Something I found out while playing with the brick. The control board and transmitter are identical between the Super 3-ch and Sport 4-ch. When you unplug the aileron servo from it's socket, rudder control reverts to the right stick (mode 2) where the aileron axis use to be. The original rudder axis becomes useless.

So if anyone wants to convert their Super Cub to aileron control like the Sport, all you need is the servo(s) as far as electronics go.
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel
Feb 08, 2020, 09:06 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim06
Just ordered one of theese too...

Looks like a "Super-Champ" same size as the Parkzone Champ, about same weight, with gyros!

One day later I found this: https://www.exhobby.com/us/sport-cub-500-761-4-rtf.html
The stated price is 109$!!! But then The one I just got was only 53$ (incl freight to Sweden) and this site says 87$, so lets see...

Looks like the same basic model, but with added ailerons...
Seems to have a dedicated button for doing rolls! (thats a first for me)
And a prop-saver, I have that one on my old Nine Eagles Extra 300, sadly it somtimes lets the prop loose in flight (happened to me 2 times, once I actually found the prop...).
If i get the V761-4, I might just glue it in place, but then The Extra 300 is a much bigger/heavier plane, so that prop saver might be fine on a smaller plane, lets see...

Wonder who will get it first, no videos yet, itīs on "presale"

Tommy

Don't worry, the prop only comes loose when it strikes the ground. I've flown my Mustang and this one a number of times, and never had the prop pop out during flight.

The stunt button can make it do a roll, or loop, depending on what control you move, when keeping it pressed, at least that is my understanding. But the Sport Cub is so well behaved, you can relatively easily fly it in acro mode, and make it roll yourself, instead of using the stunt button.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Mar 06, 2020, 09:59 PM
Just Plane Nutts
I just noticed this plane is identical to the Rage Super Cub Micro MX, except for the graphics and folding antenna on the TX: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rage-R-C-Su...0AAOSw8lhbWitv
Latest blog entry: My You-Tube channel

Quick Reply