here we go again!!!

i'll link everything up in a second..

old thread - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310470

ash
Last edited by Mike Kolesnikov; Nov 22, 2005 at 01:22 AM. Reason: fixing a link
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2004, 11:36 AM
Electric Relaxation
Its so nice outside for flying right now! I just flew my GWS Cub for the first time in Months! It's usually too windy for this plane. I could make that my indoor flyer! I better make a shopping list before I head over to Venture. I know I am going to forget something though.
Dec 26, 2004, 11:50 AM
Thread OP
I was just about to go fly the heli

I thought about flying the SS, but it seems just barely too windy..maybe a little later..

i always forget something whenever i go anywhere..shopping list is always a good idea.

ash
Dec 26, 2004, 12:46 PM
Castle Tech
Oops...should have read that your guys started a new thread before I posted in the old one...here's the pertinent info from my post.

Kyle...buy a bottle of CA debonder...it doesnt hurt the wood but you need to use it sparingly and let the wood dry out before you try to put the pieces together again. You'll have a weak spot if you dont let it dry...might break in flight or after covering and thats no good. Glad to see you're making progress...sorry its givin you problems though. Gonna load my digi cam stuff on the computer and take some pics of the moth for you guys.

ANYONE KNOW A BETTER METHOD TO ATTACH THE MAIN SPARS ON THE TM400 TO THE FUSE??? Its broken off twice now...dont want to have to fix it every time I fly.
Dec 26, 2004, 12:49 PM
Thread OP
Dumb start battery i was all ready to turn over the heli, i hooked it up, pushed the button, spun the engine twice then stopped..so i ripped the battery off and i'm gonna use my big field battery..

well after wards i decided to run up the SS..Good news, the lake is frozen solid..i didnt fall in As usual, nice flight, but the BEC kicked in earlier, guess i used more juice yesterday than i thought, no biggie, i turned to land. I tried to get as close to me as possible so would have to walk, but a gust of wind came a turned it right AT me. So i trid to dive out of the way, but i was on teh ice, so no traction!! Luckly i some how managed to move just far enough to avoid the plane and the plane landed all by its self

Love the SS.

i'm checking out the pictures righ tnow..

ash
Dec 26, 2004, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
here they are..
Dec 26, 2004, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
here's these two..

Which one do you think i should enter into the shadows contest??
Dec 26, 2004, 02:01 PM
Just Loggin' in. Do you guys try to go thru these threads as fast as you can???
Dec 26, 2004, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mayer
Just Loggin' in. Do you guys try to go thru these threads as fast as you can???
Of course not, we just have a lot to say I still haven't heard from Colleen though about having our own little private section in the "clubs" section. Maybe I shoul drop her another line. Then we don't all have to talk about the same different things in the same thread which is why IMO its getting so long...

Build of the Stella is just about complete. Just need to do the wheel pants. And go to venture and get a dubro tailwheel, and probably a motor for my plane. Thinking probably an AXI 2212-26 becuase that is what the site suggests as far as outrunners go. But I hope I don't need to firewall mount for it because thats like an extra $20 I think SA makes a mount for the AXI's on this plane. I hope so at least.
Dec 26, 2004, 02:34 PM
Thread OP
Oh the snow's melting...

The pictures never come out as ncie when the snows gone..
Dec 26, 2004, 03:09 PM
Electric Relaxation
Hey guys check out this tiny little lipo and motor I picked up today. The combined weight of the battery, motor, and prop is 1oz! They guy at Venture said the Bonanza should fly great at my AUW of 3.7oz. I will let you guys know how the maiden goes. I also bought all the things I need to cover my J3. I am going to do her up in red. I picked up a nice little iron and a video thatteaches how to cover.
Dec 26, 2004, 03:12 PM
Thread OP
OMG, that is SMALL!!

very cool
Dec 26, 2004, 03:20 PM
Joe: missed your post, I don't need the deponder anymore, but might pick some up for future needs Thanks for the tip about letting it dry though. Don't want it folding up in the air.

Regan: Is that an E-tec 250 mah battery? My friend carlos (Who doesn't really fly much anymore) has one of those for his micro bug. The motor is quite tiny though. How much did those cost? Looks like a 4X4 prop too. Very cool. How much was the video? You could've looked up the "for the solite challenged" thread to get tips on covering. Granted it is solite and I don't know if thats what your using, but I'm sure the process is similiar. Let us know how things turn out

Kyle
Dec 26, 2004, 03:39 PM
Electric Relaxation
Kyle I have read the "for the solite challenged" thread a few times. I picked up a lot of useful info from that thread. I will be using Coverite Microlite film. It weighs 0.6oz per sq. yard and is made for park flyers. I started watching the video and I have picked up a ton of usful info from it so far. It's nice to be able to actually see the person covering the plane. If any of you ever want to use the video let me know.
Dec 26, 2004, 04:00 PM
Do they sell coverite iflm at venture hobbies??! That would be perfect if they did I need some covering for my plane and the only things I've ever seen at venture are Monokote, and Econocote which are both heavy from what i've read. Hopefully I'll be able to go to venture today before it closes.

Quick Reply