Sep 30, 2018, 03:02 PM
No smart audio .... what's a pity... Except that... under 40g for a 2S machine .... it's impressive
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2018, 04:36 PM
Thread OP
Yes the lack of smart audio and F3 processor makes us think that this FC is the normal 1s but with a better ldo to handle 2s lipo.....
If that is the case it's possible that we could change the ldo in our 1s brushless whoops to make them 2s capable....
Would be nice if it is that simple.
Sep 30, 2018, 10:09 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
Wow, little brushless motors are getting really cheap. I was looking around on Ebay and found a number of merchants selling the Racerstar sets of four 703, 705 and the tiny 605 1 & 2S motors for under $15 shipped and even the Boldclash 705/12000kv 1/2S under $20 . . . I've paid a little over $10 for some sets of KK 820 & 8520 brushed motors . . . I know they'll work with the Crazybee 1S boards like on the Snapper 7, and if the new 2S boards are comparably priced, those motors are smaller than the 802s on the Mobula, but still would make a pretty good 2S brushless Whoop for cheap . . . I hope you get your Mobula7 fairly quickly to do your review. Summer weather is trying to hang on, but I know it won't be long before inside will be dominating my airtime, and I sure haven't found anything better for that than my Whoops. I'm hoping the Mobula compares well with what you've built and what you got, and is worth adding to the collection.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Sep 30, 2018 at 11:44 PM. Reason: sp
Oct 01, 2018, 01:05 AM
Thread OP
Wow 4 brushless motors for under $15?!?!
I thought they would come down in price soon, the 0703/0603 sizes ight well be superceded by the 0802 which seems much better and smoother and VERY powerful on 2s doesn't get hot.

So try price difference between brushed and brushless is disappearing to a large extent...

This is brushed build I just finished and it WAS much cheaper than any brushless and it IS fast still....
The decition of what to buy doesnt get any easier lol.

Silverised Brushed franken whoop is crazy fast....again!! (4 min 9 sec)
Oct 01, 2018, 04:23 AM
Has those motors got ball bearings like 1103??
Oct 01, 2018, 04:50 AM
Thread OP
No they have bushings , better than 0703 though from my experience with the 65x but bearings would be better or course, I think it's just too small for that yet....
Oct 02, 2018, 12:58 AM
Yea, that little thing really moves along quick and handles good too . . . looks like you built another good one with the BeecoreLite/Silverware board . . . nice flight . . .

I'm fairly new with brushless, and really like the more power/quicker throttle response, but my brushed Whoops are still my favorites, especially FPVing around in the house. Even my 716 B03 can fly quicker than I can fly it without getting in trouble. I haven't started on my Crazybee/703 Snapper7 setup yet, and after finding all those little brushless motors that cheap was thinking about another Crazybee board to try the 705 motors to compare the two. I was looking at your friends at Xinte's website . . . and they have the 1S Snapper7, BNF with a 450/3.8 battery for under $70 shipped here, another $10 gets 3 batteries and a 6 way charger . . . I can't even buy the parts that cheap so what's the point . . . Only thing that worries me is on the Crazybee thread, I've read where a number of people have had trouble binding to the Crazybee board . . . I really hope I'm not in trouble with mine . . . it IS the same board that's on the 1S Snapper7, and on the new Mobula7, just without the 2S capable, right?? If the binding problems are long taken care of, the new 2S board would be cool to build on, but Xinte even sells the Mobula so cheap, again, it probably wouldn't even be worth the cost and effort to build one.
Oct 02, 2018, 01:55 AM
Thread OP
Agreed the price of these quads is so cheap seems like there is no point buying parts and building your own....
Unless of course you enjoy the build process .
Binding problems are often to do with EU/international protocols from my experience.
That has been addressed with this quad because the different versions are available...
Oct 02, 2018, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
Yea, that little thing really moves along quick and handles good too . . . looks like you built another good one with the BeecoreLite/Silverware board . . . nice flight . . .

I'm fairly new with brushless, and really like the more power/quicker throttle response, but my brushed Whoops are still my favorites, especially FPVing around in the house. Even my 716 B03 can fly quicker than I can fly it without getting in trouble. I haven't started on my Crazybee/703 Snapper7 setup yet, and after finding all those little brushless motors that cheap was thinking about another Crazybee board to try the 705 motors to compare the two. I was looking at your friends at Xinte's website . . . and they have the 1S Snapper7, BNF with a 450/3.8 battery for under $70 shipped here, another $10 gets 3 batteries and a 6 way charger . . . I can't even buy the parts that cheap so what's the point . . . Only thing that worries me is on the Crazybee thread, I've read where a number of people have had trouble binding to the Crazybee board . . . I really hope I'm not in trouble with mine . . . it IS the same board that's on the 1S Snapper7, and on the new Mobula7, just without the 2S capable, right?? If the binding problems are long taken care of, the new 2S board would be cool to build on, but Xinte even sells the Mobula so cheap, again, it probably wouldn't even be worth the cost and effort to build one.
I have two crazybeeF3 flysky boards and i havent had any issues. The binding sequence is different though. Have you tried the Project Mockingbird settings for these tiny brushless whoops. It totally changed my UR65 into a beast. I also upgraded the board to 3.5 firmware.
Oct 03, 2018, 02:59 AM
"Unless of course you enjoy the build process"

Yea, ya know, I kinda do, it's neat to put something like that together and have it actually work . . . well . .. can get a bit consuming though, trying to remember who got me started thinking about buildi . . .HEY . . . WAIT A MINUTE . . .

Haha . . . It really is and has been an added ??joy??thrill??fun??benefit?? to the enjoyment of this diversion of almost really flying . . .

I thought I did see something in that thread about an EU version, just hoping I've got the right one for here. Had a problem binding a Frsky in my 1st Mantis, but the problem was in the plug connection. Hopefully, I'll be OK.

Read through your BetaFPV 65X 2S review also, the Mobula has the same size, just a little bit slower motors, 40mm props vs 31, even though it's 75mm it weighs just a hair less . . . You fly a whole lot better than me in general, but I can cruise around my house pretty good with my 65/75/85ish size Whoops, Angle, and I really only notice a little bit of handling difference with the 85s, and really, it's more about the faster speed than the actual handling, although that still counts. How do your other brushless 75s handle compared to the smaller ones?
Oct 03, 2018, 03:11 AM
"I have two crazybeeF3 flysky boards and i havent had any issues."

I have a Flysky on my G90 and didn't have any problem binding to it. I've got one of those beautiful yellow Jumpers, that I've never lost, and actually really like it, works great. I've had no problem with IT binding up to the couple Frskys I have, and use it for all my B03 builds and the Beecore Light with no problems, real good range, and it can probably do more things than I can.

" Have you tried the Project Mockingbird settings for these tiny brushless whoops"

OK, I gave it a quick lookup, and it looks interesting too. I just got the Beecore/Sliverware board Nigel reviewed and I noticed quite a bit of difference in the handling in Angle over my stock B03 board builds, I like it a lot more. With the Silverware already loaded, it has Acro too, which I'm just starting with . . . and have a long way to go . . . but those are brushed . . . I really don't even have enough flight time on my B06 to get comfortable with it, and know how it acts and reacts. Actually, I thought I remembered Nigel talking about a Silverware brushless version build on a thread, and on the first B03/Silverware thread I read, one of the people writing the Silverware was building a brushless version . . .

Gawd, I really really like these little Whoops . . . .
Oct 03, 2018, 03:26 AM
Thread OP
I prefere 65mm to 75mm simply for the size difference indoors, outside the 75mm size tends to be better but the 65x 2s is very capable outside too and is better than any 1s whoop.
I am tuning the silverxxx brushless whoop, I've built brushless with silverware in the past and they fly nicely, the whoop is defo a challenge to tune though....main reason for a powerful whoop is outside in smaller interesting areas like playgrounds where a normal whoop struggles a little and none whoop quads a bit dangerous.
Oct 03, 2018, 09:39 AM
BG addict.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Looks like I have to find a source for the GNB 250's that'll ship to Canada.
Rotorgeeks.com has them and 450s. Dont buy them all on me
Oct 06, 2018, 02:42 AM
"The upcoming mobula7 looks like it might be another option especially if transferred to a 65mm frame and I'll be reviewing that one soon."

I missed this under the "silverised brushed frankenwhoop" video when I was reading your Beta65X 2S thread 1st time. I saw the vid posted here first and must have skipped over that part underneath over there . . .

If that Mobula you're getting checks out good . . . that does sound like the perfect Whoop. Summer, outside stock, it actually weighs a hair less than the Beta65 with bigger props . . . or stock plus what ever you do to it . . . Winter, put it on the 65mm frame and go play inside . . . It may not be quite as incredibly fast with the little bit slower motors, but . . . it's still 2S and hopefully those will give even better flight times . . .

//If there's one of those stupid little icons showing crossed fingers, place here . . . //
Oct 07, 2018, 12:31 PM
Nick just released the first review:

Mobula7 - Deep Dive - 2s Fast!! (24 min 30 sec)

Quick Reply