Dec 10, 2019, 03:43 PM
Foam is my friend!!!

V3 Upgrade??

I've got a 1-1/2 year old V1 Mobula 7, (With a V2 frame) mostly fly it on 1S (450 mAh) batteries, I'm going to upgrade the frame to V3 and do an XT30 (with Cap) connector mod.

I plan to use 2S batts with XT30 connectors, but am wondering if my old V1 electronics can stand an occasional 3S battery Flight??

Also what is a good size 2S and 3S for the V3 frame??

Thanks for your input!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2019, 05:10 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
cant really have a 1s -3s motor that works with same size props. trippple the RPM's it takes to work well at 1s, means burnt motors on 3s. if the v1 board can handle 3s, you can swap to lower kv motors and then run 2 and 3s.
but im not even sure that board does 3s, id guess not. I wouldn't chance it personally.
ask yourself: "is running 3s worth frying my otherwise working board?"

if you really want 3s get two v3 frames and a new fc and motors made for the higher voltage.
Dec 11, 2019, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3
Awesome, wait until you get it dialed in , PID's and Rates.... omg I have such a smile on my face when I start guerilla whooping the neighborhood.... I had a blast buzzing around the Amazon Prime dude and truck this afternoon, as I smirk hiding in the corner on my outdoor rocking chair, I have 3 custom builds BTW. so fun to fly low knowing it will just bounce around if you hit the ground by accident. All using my X-lite set on FrSky D8 and using my Skyzone 03o .... with the 25mw stay around 3 houses range..... I average 3 1/2 minutes fly time and settling down to 3.78 per cell
from post 4041

Mobula7guerillatrip1 (3 min 41 sec)
Dec 11, 2019, 01:06 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Does anyone stock these in the US? I mean the V2s with upgraded ESC, F4 controller and 200mw vtx.
Dec 11, 2019, 01:20 PM
Since when was there a Mobula7 with a 200mW VTx? I thought they all had the 25mW AIO cam/VTx.
Dec 11, 2019, 01:51 PM
FPV Ground Pounder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan
Does anyone stock these in the US? I mean the V2s with upgraded ESC, F4 controller and 200mw vtx.
Check Racedayquads.com the description still reads F3 as do most of the ads I've seen. You can email them to make sure it the F4
Dec 11, 2019, 02:34 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
A few months ago, back in the Summer, we bought one from Banggood, for a mate of mine and it arrived with F4 board and the Trashcan user guide ...
Dec 11, 2019, 06:02 PM
Just an earth-bound misfit
NO . . . you cannot run a 3S battery on the Mobula F3 or F4 board. They are both only 1-2S. The Crazybee v2.0 with 5a ESCs, can run 1, 2 or 3S, and comes with the capacitor on the battery lead. The v2.1 board can only run on 2 or 3S, 5a ESCs, and the capacitor on the battery lead. Their newest v3 10a ESCs does not have the capacitor on the battery lead, and can only run 2, 3 or 4S batteries. The v2.0 board is the only one that can run all three 1, 2 & 3S batteries.

I've run my Mobula with the v1 frame on doubled up 450/550 batteries since I got it, and it has no problem with them at all. Screams along really good, handles fine, and I still get the same 5+ minute flights just like on 1S. I have an 85 with the Mobula 802/16s, and a v2.1 board w/XT30, and run Gensace 520s, and Tattu 600 2S batteries on it, and it's even faster, handles better, and even gets better air time . . .

The v2 frame is the best of the frames for the Mobula. If you look way, way back in the thread, when the v3 frame first came out, Nigel did a quick swap and review on the v3. Something about the frame, he was losing flight times and it didn't handle as well as the v2.

The new Mobula from QWinOut, Xinte's other site shows it with the F4 board.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Dec 11, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
Dec 11, 2019, 06:45 PM
I'm man like flight as a bird
See that :

For M7 the FC is for 1S or 2S a F3

For M7 HD the FC for 2S or 3S a F4

If you put in M7 a FC for M7 HD is no good for the motors.
Dec 11, 2019, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONCLEFLY
See that :

For M7 the FC is for 1S or 2S a F3

For M7 HD the FC for 2S or 3S a F4

If you put in M7 a FC for M7 HD is no good for the motors.
First, let me correct myself . . . you can put a 3S battery on a Mobula F3 or F4 borard . . . and then you will be looking for a v2.0, v2.1 or v3 board to replace your fried F3, F4 . . .

The Mobula will have no problem using the Mobula HD Crazybee board. I have a v2.0 and a v2.1 board on a Whoop and a PIck that are running the same Mobula HM 802/16 kv motors, that only run on 1S or 2S batteries, and both those boards will also run 2S batteries. You probably won't fry your motors on 3S on the two stock Mobula boards because the 3S battery will fry the board before the 3S gets to the motors . . . As long as you only use 1 or 2S batteries with the Mobula HM 802/16kv motors, no matter which board you use, you should be fine.

I have an 85 with the v2.1 board with an XT30 that's for 2 & 3S, and running the HM 802/16kv motors. I only run that on 2S, and it flies great, and that board even has the plug to just plug in the ♦ vTx w/DVR.

As you said, neither of the two stock regular Mobula F3, F4 Crazybee boards support 3S batteries, only 1 or 2S. Also, the stock regular Mobula HM 802/16kv motors do not support 3S, and are only for 1 or 2S batteries.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Dec 11, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
Dec 11, 2019, 07:58 PM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
you guys are so cute thinking all quads with the same name come from the same one factory and are all built the exact same.

my regular mob7 came with pro v2 F4 1-3s with BF 4.0.4
bought from RDQ in the last 3 months. and yeah, if you try and run 3s with the 16000kv's you're going to need to buy a new board/motors.

just cause one part is rated to run at a certain voltage/amperage, doesn't mean you can do it with the other parts you have.

racing slicks on a factory pinto or indy car sitting on lawn mower tires. neither is a good idea.
Last edited by xanuser; Dec 11, 2019 at 08:07 PM.
Dec 11, 2019, 11:51 PM
Dam I love this whoop. Iíve destroyed a few, and re built some many times. But Iím thinking about something with an on-board DVR. Mobula7 HD???
Hereís a quick rip around my yard
Ripping around the house (3 min 10 sec)
Dec 12, 2019, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=SteveCanso;43356229]Dam I love this whoop. I’ve destroyed a few, and re built some many times. But I’m thinking about something with an on-board DVR. Mobula7 HD???

I feel the same way, this mobula7 is a quick fix, i dont smoke but once a week (work limited) my mobula7 fleet gets used.

I have the Larva X that I have 99 percent tuned up, it flies a hair better but it is LoUD to offend my neighbors lol so I use it when nobody is around.... Anyways it has the onboard micro sd dvr. I haven't yanked it out to watch videos yet. I still think it is a pita to fumble around with sd cards, and I simplified it narrowly by using my tablet.... When companies make a Bluetooth data transfer micro quad, I will be getting that next
Dec 12, 2019, 08:22 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_OH
First, let me correct myself . . . you can put a 3S battery on a Mobula F3 or F4 borard . . . and then you will be looking for a v2.0, v2.1 or v3 board to replace your fried F3, F4 . . .

The Mobula will have no problem using the Mobula HD Crazybee board. I have a v2.0 and a v2.1 board on a Whoop and a PIck that are running the same Mobula HM 802/16 kv motors, that only run on 1S or 2S batteries, and both those boards will also run 2S batteries. You probably won't fry your motors on 3S on the two stock Mobula boards because the 3S battery will fry the board before the 3S gets to the motors . . . As long as you only use 1 or 2S batteries with the Mobula HM 802/16kv motors, no matter which board you use, you should be fine.

I have an 85 with the v2.1 board with an XT30 that's for 2 & 3S, and running the HM 802/16kv motors. I only run that on 2S, and it flies great, and that board even has the plug to just plug in the ♦ vTx w/DVR.

As you said, neither of the two stock regular Mobula F3, F4 Crazybee boards support 3S batteries, only 1 or 2S. Also, the stock regular Mobula HM 802/16kv motors do not support 3S, and are only for 1 or 2S batteries.
This depends on the version of your Mobula !
And also if you changed the FC for a more recent.
Dec 12, 2019, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONCLEFLY
This depends on the version of your Mobula !
And also if you changed the FC for a more recent.
Your Mobula HD is running the bigger HM 1102 motors? I thought the HDs also came out in two . . . more?? . . . kv motors between the first batch, and they changed it to a lower one not too long after for better efficiency on 3S . . .

As long as which ever version Crazybee board you use on your quad with the standard Mobula Happymodel 802/16kv motors, and just use a 1S or 2S battery, you will not fry the board, or the motors. There are some Crazybee boards that will not work with 3S batteries, they will fry the board. There are also some Crazybee boards that will not work with 1S batteries, but won't fry the board if you use one, it just won't work . . . . All the versions of the Crazybee boards do work with 2S batteries. The HM 802/16kv motors can also run on 2S batteries, which work on all the versions of the Crazybee boards, so the Mobula motors will work on all the versions of the Crazybee boards using 2S power. I have the 802/16kv motors on 4 quads with 4 different version Crazybees, F3, F4 v1, v2.0 and v2.1 . . .

Regardless, NewZee, what ever board you use with the Happymodel Mobula 802/16kv motors, those motors are NOT 3S capable, and 3S batteries will fry your HM 802/16kv motors. If you really really want to use 3S batteries with your 75 Mobula, you need to get different motors and a different board. 3S batteries will not work with a stock regular version Mobula 7 from Happymodel with the board or motors that come on it.
Last edited by Brian_OH; Dec 12, 2019 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply