Nov 02, 2018, 12:04 PM
Xflyfun thank you you answer.
I ask, because I print also a F 86.
The fuselage is already printed.
Now I consider what EDF, perhaps a WeMoTec
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2018, 09:02 AM
stevek1959
It looks like you printed the front piece of your canopy with air cooling holes but not the last piece. Or is it just the attitude of your picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausnolte
Xflyfun thank you you answer.
I ask, because I print also a F 86.
The fuselage is already printed.
Now I consider what EDF, perhaps a WeMoTec
Nov 03, 2018, 12:03 PM
Yes thatīs correct, I printed the front piece of the canopy with air cooling holes and I forgot to print the last piece with the air cooling.
But I will build some holes in the last piece.
I did the same with my Mig 15 BIS
Nov 04, 2018, 12:15 PM
So many planes, So little time

She made it!

I got the maiden flight out of the way!
So, I didn't have any problems with the flight, but the camera mic was turned off.
I had set up the Mobius Maxi for mic off, the previous use. But a maiden flight can't be filmed twice.
So I'm posting this very short video, only portions that have the plane in them, not little dark specks on the gray sky.
Not much head wind during flight, I landed the plane long and did not taxi back.
I need to adjust the dual rates, low rate was a little to much. I didn't input any trim during flight
f 86 video no sound (1 min 20 sec)

So, I'll turn the mic back on and adjust the rates a little and get her back out soon.
I'm very happy with the plane, looking forward to more of these in the future!
Nov 04, 2018, 12:55 PM
congratulation for your maiden flight!!!
I hope mine will fly like your`s
What is the weight complete?
Nov 04, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klausnolte
congratulation for your maiden flight!!!
I hope mine will fly like your`s
What is the weight complete?
AUW, 4435 grams, 9 lbs 12 oz. that is with two Revolectric 5000 mAh 4S batteries on board.
Nov 04, 2018, 08:11 PM
Retired CAD guy
Ah , rain in North Plains, what a surprise.
Liquid Sunshine, eh ;>}

Congratulations on the Maiden.

I hope your landing went OK
it was a fast mover fer sure ! WOW !

I couldnt tell if you had the speed brakes working or not.
Nov 04, 2018, 11:11 PM
No speed brakes out on that first landing, rolled off the end of the runway about 50'
Did not want to try and taxi back through the grass.
Should have gone around, had plenty of battery.
My low rates were not set right, I bought a FrSky radio, just for this plane.
It was harder to set up that radio than put the plane together.
I've got the radio under control now, I made a mistake on the mixes screen
We have some better weather coming our way this week, looking forward to some more flights..
Edit...Update;
Weather turned nice and got a couple of more flights.
Here is a video that has sound, again I cut out some of the longer shots, filmed with Mobius Maxi.
f-86 with sound (2 min 2 sec)

On the first landing attempt I flicked the switch for gear up, instead of air brakes.
I now have the air brakes on a 8 second slow deploy, so I can flick the switch on short final.
Here's a little more information about the Freewing F-4 gear I'm using.
The plastic shim that helps angle the gear strut back, fell out while the f-86 was off runway.
I now have a couple of aluminum tubes inside the knuckle of the strut.
After seeing how much wear the knuckle put on the plastic credit card shim. I think this aluminum tube will wear through quickly.
I think a little drop of JB Weld Steel Epoxy on the knuckle will work better, and will do that when the aluminum tube cuts through.
Name: Gear shim info.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 1.03 MB
Description:

Name: Shim closeup.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 881.3 KB
Description:

Name: Shim closeup. Opside.jpg
Views: 75
Size: 810.8 KB
Description:
Final Edit;I have now added Steel Epoxy to the gear leg. The Aluminum tube only lasted three flights. Pictured are the Aluminum tube shims after removal.
And the area of the gear strut to apply the Steel epoxy. If the Epoxy fails I'll add another Update
Name: shim information.jpg
Views: 64
Size: 977.8 KB
Description:
Name: epoxy shim.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 927.3 KB
Description:
Last edited by Xflyfun; Nov 13, 2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: adding photos, video of second flight, Steel Epoxy added to gear legs
Nov 05, 2018, 03:08 AM
Congratulations!
Looks well powered, the low passes appear to be quite fast.

May I ask which EDF you are using?
Nov 10, 2018, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypsedude
Congratulations!
Looks well powered, the low passes appear to be quite fast.

May I ask which EDF you are using?
I using the older ChangeSun fan and housing, the one that weighs more than the clone.
Nov 11, 2018, 11:40 AM
Hi guys,
may I ask which printers and filaments do you use?

I have a CR-10s and a Kossel Linear Plus, but the quality that I see is not the same that I have.

For who use S3D can share their fff config files as reference comparison with mine?
I know that the files fff are related to printer and filament, but it's just to understand evidence big differences.

thanks in advance,
Max
Nov 11, 2018, 12:35 PM
SJ
SJ
Show us some of your prints.
I pint mine on my Tevo little monster, and use the cheapest silver hobbyking PLA

As for the FFF`s , that is quite individual from printer to printer.

But I did open up the factory files, and copy the Prusa setup, and then modify it suite my printer. Mostly the retraction, and extra restart distance, heat, and a few other tweaks
Nov 13, 2018, 04:09 AM
This are my work about the Corsair.
Before I have build the MIG-15, but the quality was very poor, based on the fact the my CR-10S was not well configured.
Now it's quite good, not perfect but acceptable. I think that I need to better tune the retraction, and sometimes I have holes during the printing, I think that depends by the extruder that don't drag correctly the filament. Probably with teh "BondTech Dual Drive" could be better.
Nov 13, 2018, 04:39 AM
SJ
SJ
doesn`t look too bad.

I can see you have some under extruded layers in your fuselage, where the nozzle is either clogged, or the extruder is skipping or something.....

Also it looks like you have not aligned the seams aligned to the bottom of the plane ?
Nov 13, 2018, 09:16 AM
I don't think that the nozzle is clogged but that the extruder skipping, is for this reason that I think the Bondtech can solve the issue. As you can see don't appends frequently.

I don't know how to align the seams at the bottom of the plane.
Last edited by fucazza; Nov 13, 2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply