This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 26, 2018, 08:12 PM
Mini-Review

iRangeX RM610 Part 3

More Voltage / Range Test and Conclusion . ( Part 3 )

I put the Rx on my Variable output power supply , I also made up a special servo plug so I could monitor voltage from the servo pins directly to my MM
Was doing this to see if the voltage to the servo was in any way regulated ..
Short answer is no .. I set the input voltage to 7v and the output to the servos was 6.96 volts .. So no direct use of 2s battery packs ...

Next I wanted to test RANGE ( kind of important for RC )
Setting my Jumper T8SG Plus to range test mode ( 100uW ) ...
The iRangeX Rm610 was powered by a 1s Lipo .. ( Not fully charged ) ( Bind was in DSMx )
I was easily able to get to my maximum test distance of 50 meters , even when I put my body between the Rx and Tx there was no signal loss .
After the range test I measured the voltage on the battery .. ( 3.85v )

In conclusion all I can say is that I was impressed enough to right after range testing buy another iRangeX RM610 ...
Yeah , I bought another for no other reason than the Rx rocks my world hard !

1) Yes the Rx can brown out - because it does not get enough current .. ( Not a voltage issue )
2) Looks to run 1s brilliantly
3) Cheap
4) small and light
5) Range tested well
6) So far has only impressed

So I have hesitated to buy the RM610 for about a year now ..
One of the reasons was reading that some people were suffering brownouts ( might have been on quads )
Funny how negative stuff sticks .
So hopefully the information provided helps to balance out the picture and give people a more realistic idea of the RM601 receiver .

Next I will be testing a 4ch Rx from BG and literally putting it through the same tests ..
See if it will run 1s ......
Last edited by old4570; Sep 26, 2018 at 08:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply