Durafly Bonanza 950mm (37.4") (V-tail) PNF

The Durafly Bonanza is based on the late 1940’s civilian aircraft the Beechcraft Bonanza. With a low wing and a wingspan of only 950mm, this is a plane that you can take anywhere. Durafly has designed it as an easy hand launcher.

Splash

Durafly Bonanza

From Durafly

The Bonanza is built of superbly finished, tough EPO and comes with stickers already applied. All electrics are pre-installed, just fit your receiver and battery. For better control, Durafly has fitted ball links on all control surfaces. The Bonanza is ready to "Throw it and Show it"

The Bonanza has a big wing that makes it a stable flier, but has heaps of power and will easily do the major tricks, loops and rolls, with poise. After a successful flight, you can slow down and float in for a stress-free belly landing.

Round up your mates and get flying now with the Durafly Bonanza.

Durafly Bonanza 950mm (37.4") V-Tail PNF - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 18 sec)

Features

• Quick, easy assembly
  • Superbly finished, highly compressed EPO construction
  • Hand launch, belly landing
  • 4 Channels (ailerons, elevator, rudder (V-Tail), throttle)
  • Ball links for control surfaces
  • Strong, fully molded plastic cowl and belly skid
  • Full 4 channel control: Elevator, rudder, throttle and aileron
  • V-Tail tailplane
  • Aileron servo covers

Specs

• Wingspan: 950mm (37.4")
  • Length: 650mm (25.6")
  • Flying Weight: 540g (19.5oz) (inc all electronics and battery)
  • Servo: 9g x 4
  • ESC: 20A
  • Motor: 1300KV
  • Propeller: 7x5
  • Suggested battery: 3S 1300mAh
  • CG position: 204±5mm
  • Control surface throws: ±8mm

Photos

Learn More!

Head to Durafly for pricing and more info!

Sep 26, 2018, 10:12 AM
When I first saw talk of this plane and enthusiasm for it, I couldn't understand it. It's not normally my type of plane at all. But dang if for some weird reason it all of a sudden seems kind of interesting. I just saw it on HK. The price is interesting. It also looks like a performer in the video.. A 20a ESC is pretty small, no? Looks like it moves out pretty well.. I have mostly 4S batteries, but I do have two 3s 1400 Multistar 65C lipos, and two Bolt 1300 3S LiHV's.. Then a few 3S 1800's...
Sep 26, 2018, 10:42 AM
AeroDan
Nice model, but no gear, huh?
Sep 26, 2018, 04:29 PM
nsr500v

Needs plug in fixed gear at least

Looks cool and will buy one for sure but will install fixed gear. would be nice to see a 1100mm with flaps and retracts along with a baron 55 also in 1100mm
Sep 26, 2018, 05:46 PM
Modeling Retread
Fork Tailed Doctor Killer
Latest blog entry: Upgrading My Radio
Sep 27, 2018, 07:28 AM
First thing I'd do is peel off those ugly stickers and put on a more attractive, scale, and easier to see color scheme.

CD
Sep 28, 2018, 02:23 AM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell47G2
Nice model, but no gear, huh?
How often are gears practical on a plane that size?
Sep 28, 2018, 11:32 AM
MK
MK
Depends on your flying site. May have a run way.
Sep 29, 2018, 08:08 PM
AeroDan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
How often are gears practical on a plane that size?
I’m a scale-geek. Walter & Olive-Ann Beech would’ve been proud to see this one.
Last edited by Bell47G2; Oct 02, 2018 at 09:20 AM.
Sep 29, 2018, 10:07 PM
RCAPA #005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
Fork Tailed Doctor Killer
doctors killed more Bonanzas than the other way around.
Sep 30, 2018, 08:11 AM

Durafly Bonanza

I just ordered one. I am not sure why.It should arrive sometime this next week. I really don't have the room, and it really does not offer anything that I don't already own. I don't own any hand tossed planes that are not warbirds, I guess you could say that. I just recently purchased the Durafly T-28 Navy color scheme. I have to say that I am indeed impressed with this model. Everything about it, from the way it arrived with the clearly marked parts envelopes, was impressive. After assembly, I liked the way the servos do not make a sound, but the moving parts and hinges are moving so very smoothly when I move my Tx gimbals. The fit and finish was as good or better than the FMS models that I own. Up to now, FMS has been the high-quality water mark standard for me. I refuse to fly anything with retracts until we move and I find a paved takeoff and landing field. I am not going to tear up any more expensive landing gear. Currently, the only planes I fly off of the field are my Eflite Commander and my Timber. Both have large enough wheels and they master the taller grass and gravel roads that I use. I will once again install my trusty "Lemon with stabilizer" rx. I have them installed in nearly all of my aircraft and I am getting pretty good at adjusting them for stable flight. I just this week, received my new Spektrum DX8 G2 Tx. I am enjoying the ability to change the speed of my flaps to make the deployment more realistic. I have had a lot of fun learning about it and enjoying the 2 extra channels that it gives me over my DX6 which will now be used for back up. That is about all that goes on in the world of Bill this day. Clear skies to all.
Sep 30, 2018, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer

That is an excellent point.
Sep 30, 2018, 10:06 PM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBGTRacer
If there wasn’t an association, there wouldn’t have been the nickname.
Latest blog entry: Upgrading My Radio
Oct 04, 2018, 01:40 PM
Team Legit pilot & DFWC Prez
Good article re: Forked Tailed Doctor Killer

https://airfactsjournal.com/2012/06/...onanza-pilots/

I prefer the Fork Tailed Devil...

Quick Reply