Nov 04, 2018, 05:43 AM
Thread OP
FYI to anyone gathering parts for the autonomous version. The MS5611 barometer and the on-on toggle switch used in the telemetry system are not mentioned in his parts list. Don't forget to purchase those also. They are mentioned in his documentation and videos but not in the parts list is all.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2018, 06:16 AM

Pwm to ppm converter

Hi RCvertt
I made twice the pwm to ppm converter from Joop, but unfortunately don't work for me.
All the channels send 100 pulse independent of stick positionvert
Nov 07, 2018, 03:46 AM
Thread OP
Hmmm. I haven't built one yet so can't help much on that. I'm still waiting on parts to arrive before I can test my PWM to PPM encoder. I'll report back when I get it set up.

Couple things I can think of checking would be that PWM is coming out the receiver instead of PCM or SBus?

Transmitter is mode 2 instead of mode 1 but I doubt that should make any difference.

Connect a servo directly to the receiver to make sure the receiver is bound and working and not stuck in a fail-safe mode. If those check out then I'm out of ideas for now.
Nov 07, 2018, 05:48 AM
Thank you for your reply. The configuration of Turnigy is correct and work well
I think that the code of arduino have some issue.
I will be following your progress.
Nov 08, 2018, 07:08 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for following this thread. Nice to know that others are working with Joop's awesome project also. Feel free to post your builds in this thread as well if you like. I'm very interested to see what others are also doing with Joop's build.

Started another FC while I wait for the quadcopter barometer to arrive. This one is for the VTOL airplane. Got lucky that this receiver also binds to my Turnigy 9x. Nice to know since I have a few of them.
Nov 08, 2018, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
Images of the voltage divider and LED's connected.
Nov 09, 2018, 09:42 AM
Hi RCvertt

Made a pwm to ppm converter using another code with some changes and is working fine with YNFC-32 autonomous.
Next step now is to setup the GPS-TH- and Normal flight, and head lock. Turnigy is not a Futaba and some configs we dont find very easy how to make.
After that I will make a flight "on the table" ....lol
Do you know how to config turnigy for GPS-Throttle hold -Normal mode, and Head Lock..?
Last edited by jbsorocaba; Nov 10, 2018 at 07:34 AM.
Nov 10, 2018, 09:43 AM
Thread OP
Hi. This is how I programmed my three position switch. It's been a while since I did this so I'm not sure if this leaves a two position switch available for us also . I haven't gotten to that stage yet.

Worst case, we can use the old "resistor" mod to turn some dials into switches.

////Edit
That is not how I programmed my 3 position switch, that link is to an old post that lets one channel move to 6 positions based off of two transmitter switches.

The correct info for my three position switch is on the next page, post #34
Last edited by RCvertt; Nov 18, 2018 at 06:08 AM.
Nov 10, 2018, 09:48 AM
Thread OP
Hi jbsorocaba. Great you got the PWM to PPM converter working. Can you share the code you used and any other set up info to get it working? Thanks.
Nov 10, 2018, 01:23 PM
Hi RCvertt
This is the code and the schema that I had made. Channel 5 I dont know how to config for GPS-TH - Auto Level and channel 6 to Head Lock
Nov 11, 2018, 12:13 AM
Thread OP
Thanks for the code and info.

You're a little ahead of me on setting up switches so I can't help much there. Joop modifies his TX for the switches in this video. Haven't tried with a Turnigy 9X yet.
Nov 11, 2018, 10:58 AM
I think that will be impossible use Turnigy for Autonomous , unless you change the code for use with aux channels on Turnigy. This is a very difficult thing, because we must know where this changes will have effect. I dont know Arduino very well, so I dont will try.
I read a lot of sites and see a lot of videos on utube but unsuccessful.
Nov 12, 2018, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
No worries my friend. With the power of the internet we will figure it out. My apologies if you already know this stuff but I'll put it here in case it helps anyone.

I looked at the code and found these lines...
Code:
if (channel_6 > 1200)heading_lock = 1;                                           

if (channel_5 >= 1200 && channel_5 < 1600)flight_mode = 2;                       
  if (channel_5 >= 1600 && channel_5 < 2100)flight_mode = 3;
So for heading lock to be on, channel 6 needs to be above 1200. If channel 6 is below 1200 then heading lock is off.

For flight mode 1, channel 5 needs to be less than 1200.
For Flight mode 2, channel 5 needs to be between 1200 and 1600.
For Flight mode 3, channel 5 needs to be between 1600 and 2100.

I don't yet know what the flight modes 1, 2, and 3 mean yet. Combinations of altitude hold and gps being on or off but haven't figured it out yet.

Uncomment these lines so that the arduino serial monitor will work...
Code:

//Serial.begin(57600);                                        
 //delay(250);
Then put this code in to find the values of that channel 5 switch.
Code:
Serial.println(channel_5);
We'll have to find the values for channel_6 also.

The attached file has the serial monitor uncommented and the Serial.print code in place for channel 5. Seach for RCvertt will find the 3 lines of Joop's code that I touched.
Last edited by RCvertt; Nov 12, 2018 at 02:03 AM.
Nov 12, 2018, 05:17 AM
Hi RCverrt
Looking at code I can see that you only activated the serial monitor. This you can see at the Test Program of YMFC32, where all the values are show at option "a"
I am using the test program to adjust the end points and to find where to program channel 5 and 6.
Sorry if I dont understood your viewpoint.

Edit
I Changed the Test code: channel 5 - 6 to 7 and 8 ( aux )
I configured the channel 8 to gear ( 1200 - 2000 ) but channel 7 for F.Mode is still a mystery
Last edited by jbsorocaba; Nov 12, 2018 at 08:32 AM.
Nov 13, 2018, 03:23 AM
Thread OP
Sounds good jbsorocaba. You understand well. The 3 position switch isn't easy but I hope you find a way for us

Quick Reply