Sep 24, 2018, 05:15 PM
Embedded system developer

Waste of time contacting congress

My opinion is that its a waste of time contacting congress because they don't care what we want or think. The Republican controlled congress will simply do whatever Trump tells them to do (Conservatism at its finest, salute the dear leader and march...) and Trump will do whatever generates the most money for the financial interests that support him.

Our "democracy" is turning into a single party system where only those with enough money to buy influence, will have a voice in what gets done.
Everyone else must just bow like in N. Korea.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2018, 05:19 PM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallM
My opinion is that its a waste of time...
So what? I like wasting time.
Latest blog entry: How To Get a Custom AMA Number
Sep 24, 2018, 05:19 PM
Regards - Randy
Done....
I am a model aircraft as well as drone flyer... I fly safely and responsibly. I pose no threat to anyone’s space or privacy.
I hope this works.
Sep 24, 2018, 05:23 PM

No law will stop me

Just go to NLD and pay $35.00 and remove all NO FLY ZONES and you can fly anywhere and any time...end of story...they can pass any law they want,but it will NEVER effect me and flying.
Sep 24, 2018, 05:45 PM
Sort of like a union, you may pay your dues, but if the members roll over, the union negotiators are not going to get be able to make any demands. If you do nothing, nothing will happen. The members need to act too
Sep 24, 2018, 05:50 PM
Done
Sep 24, 2018, 05:54 PM
Quote:
My opinion is that its a waste of time contacting congress because they don't care what we want or think. The Republican controlled congress will simply do whatever Trump tells them to do (Conservatism at its finest, salute the dear leader and march...) and Trump will do whatever generates the most money for the financial interests that support him.

Our "democracy" is turning into a single party system where only those with enough money to buy influence, will have a voice in what gets done.
I agree with you 100% but having said that, I see nothing particularly harmful in this proposed legislation, as stated by the AMA, OTHER than the 400 foot restriction. With almost daily stupidities committed by multi-rotor pilots, it really would be irresponsible for the FAA to do NOTHING. Technology changes, obviously, and legislation needs to change to keep up. Wait until the first r/c based attack in the States, THEN you'll see some legislation......
Sep 24, 2018, 06:00 PM
"Bible Thumper"
Done
Sep 24, 2018, 06:29 PM
I am not a robot
Done
Sep 24, 2018, 07:53 PM
Imo ,, the first problem is the ama is,,, one of the problem's ,, they have done nothing to help us ,,!
Oh ,, well ,, keep paying them your money !!!
Sep 24, 2018, 07:57 PM
You call that a landing?
You all can forget the AMA and NO DONT send them any money!
Hit them where it hurts and maybe they will get the message! Most likely not,
They haven't in many years!
Sep 24, 2018, 08:12 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full
"My opinion is that its a waste of time contacting congress" .....snip"................ I tend to agree, although we have to try.

Get this: About a year ago after taking the time to not only contact my representatives with the form letter the AMA provided, but I also penned, in my words, a nice preamble of who I am, what I do in my hobby, its benefits, its enjoyments, it's rewards, and a request to vote against a hobby killing bill. What kind of reply did I get in the mail?.... >>>>>a form letter thanking me for my concerns regarding long lines at TSA in many airports.<<<<< What?!! It certainly made a negative impression on me. I still participate by contacting my representatives, but wonder does it really matter? I have to hope it does.
Sep 24, 2018, 08:17 PM
AeroDan
Done
Sep 24, 2018, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewrongway
You all can forget the AMA and NO DONT send them any money!
Hit them where it hurts and maybe they will get the message!
Umm, yeah. Take away their funding! That'll surely help them to accomplish more!

You know, I don't think it works that way.
Sep 24, 2018, 08:23 PM
Quote:

Get real

Quick Reply