Sep 23, 2018, 07:36 PM
Balsa breaks better
Joe
Sep 23, 2018, 09:17 PM
Thread OP
Memo OBE by the new bill
Sep 24, 2018, 07:18 AM
Thread OP
Forget everything you thought you knew. The latest bill which came out a couple days ago has a firm 400' limit for us. Research it for yourself. If it's not changed the AMA will have no choice but to include it in their safety rules for any sanctioned club. Clubs WILL be obligated to enforce it.
Sep 24, 2018, 08:01 AM
“FLY THE PLANE”
The airspace is changing.
Set your altimeters!
Last edited by Sky Angels; Oct 08, 2018 at 07:21 PM.
Sep 24, 2018, 09:00 AM
Time to get a Net Gun.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Sep 24, 2018, 09:38 AM
Fly R/C writer
Imagine that....winch line that is tuned to provide less than the maximum potential altitude! Just think: apply this a strong OTC pain killer available to you...it could help a migraine, but formulated not to without going to prescription strength versions. Wonderful. NOT!

Mike Lee
Sep 24, 2018, 11:33 AM
If this goes through we can forget about any team selection in the future. F3b, F3J, etc. history. The AMA are a joke. And a Net Gun may be the good for catching drones which will be my new hobby.
Sep 24, 2018, 04:37 PM
Thread OP
I’ve called quadcopters “the Spawn of Satan” since day one and look where we are now.
Sep 30, 2018, 07:00 PM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
This is not good. 400 feet should be for drones only!
Oct 01, 2018, 01:25 PM
RV7guy

Stop spreading this hysteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappet
Forget everything you thought you knew. The latest bill which came out a couple days ago has a firm 400' limit for us. Research it for yourself. If it's not changed the AMA will have no choice but to include it in their safety rules for any sanctioned club. Clubs WILL be obligated to enforce it.
You have gone on every category of forum you can find to spread this. 1st) It has not been passed yet. 2) The AMA is actively working on these aspects to protect model aviation as we know it now. 3) Clubs are NOT sanctioned, they are Chartered.

Why not lay off the coffee and wait till it becomes law. There is a lot of work to be done yet before it passes. The Bill ranges from Flight Attendant responsibilities to air ambulances. We are small part in the scheme of things.

Rich Hanson has told me that model aviation as we know it will continue but it may be a circuitous route to get there.

So again, please relax until this is all fleshed out. Trust me when I tell you that I have interest in this. I live at an airport, fly medical helicopters, have built 2 RV7's and fly mostly RC sailplanes in competition. I also have pylon racers and a variety of large planes!!

Everyone just relax for a while.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler, AZ
Oct 01, 2018, 02:07 PM
Yes, lots of paranoia to go around, what’s the point of grinding it in? I subscribe to the glass half full rather than half empty. SOMETHING has to be worked out, and I suspect one year from now I will still be able to fly my sailplane at altitude without big brother at my throat.
Oct 02, 2018, 01:12 PM
“FLY THE PLANE”
I just paid AMA Life Membership off.

That’s $1500 to the cause.
Oct 02, 2018, 01:14 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
That is awesome, Mr. Angel! I have often thought about doing the lifetime membership. Would have actually been a decent investment had I done it when I first joined.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Oct 07, 2018, 08:29 PM
Jody Miller
Doom and gloom. Even if this does pass there are ways around it.
Don’t sell all your stuff!
Jody

Quick Reply