Apr 26, 2019, 04:22 PM
Not nice to say trolling. My post is serious. I was looking into the meaning of Class E to surface airspace "designated for an airport" long before the recent bill appeared, in relation to other branches of aviation (ultralight flight). Obviously whoever created the recent bill didn't acquaint themselves with the January 2018 FAA memo. There is no logical way to pretend the recent legislation means something other than what I've suggested here. But, if we think it would serve our hobby better, I guess we could all get together and decide what we'll all pretend the words ought to mean rather than what they actually mean. Or agree on our own limits we'll observe that are more stringent than what the legislation actually says.

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2019, 04:36 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
Steve, you are in good company being on TK's block list.

I think our idea is fine for you. And the idea of listening to the AMA when they say "business as usual" is fine for the folks that want to do that. And those that want to fly below 400 feet that is fine for them. And those that want to ignore all of this that is fine for them too.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply