Dec 26, 2018, 08:49 AM
2.1.9 Forever
Also, even if it were possible for the FAA to mandate a provision for government override in future receivers, the claim that "I am sure the FAA has already mandated the following" doesn't make sense. They'd have to announce it! They can't mandate something and then keep it to themselves.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2018, 07:12 PM
Rc drone pilots & owners have declared their reckless & illegal flights are off limits to national security and public safety, enforcement ? The Military can protect the public & AIR TRAFFIC FROM ANY DANGER THEY SEE FIT.

More correctly. What a joke London Heathrow airport security is. Could have easily been a terrorist group lining up a attack by recording all the airports weaknesses.
Dec 26, 2018, 09:47 PM
2.1.9 Forever
It was Gatwick, not Heathrow.
Dec 27, 2018, 08:23 AM
The news station got it wrong.

Nothing is reliable anymore.

Thanks Mike.
Dec 27, 2018, 09:34 AM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
I mean if you can't trust the information from people you don't even know the name of on the internet then who can you trust?

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Dec 27, 2018, 05:08 PM

Miami

MIKE Mike
Dec 30, 2018, 10:39 AM
Actually the only drones really seen at Gatwick are the ones that were flown by police.

Tommy
Jan 08, 2019, 04:14 PM
2.1.9 Forever
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
It was Gatwick, not Heathrow.
Check this out: Heathrow airport: Drone sighting halts departures

This time it is Heathrow!
Jan 08, 2019, 04:47 PM
The Mr. Rogers of RC soaring
A positive drone story:

https://www.insideedition.com/drone-...ttle-boy-39473

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Feb 01, 2019, 12:21 AM
I think you'll have to have an incident before it makes any kind of splash and my guess is that limits could be lifted for events so that 'on the books' flying is all square on paper.

Wouldn't sweat it.
Feb 04, 2019, 09:48 PM
(superceded by newer content)
Last edited by aeronaut999; Apr 26, 2019 at 04:29 PM.
Feb 21, 2019, 05:14 PM
As far as the air mail museum goes at Smith Field,Fort Wayne, they better do some restoration, and reinforcing , as that old hangar is close to falling down!
It leaks horribly when it rains,and birds get inside and drop bird crap everywhere.

There is so little attention paid to this hangar, it's a shame!
The hangar itself is historic, but local airport board and govt couldn't care less about it.
It is in DIRE NEED of restoration.
The history of it is amazing, many famous airplanes once rested inside it.
The Spirit of St Louis, Wrong Way Corrigan's airplane, and on and on.
Now no aircraft rest inside of it anymore, all due to intentional neglect.
I remember as a kid when many very nice airplanes rested inside of it.

The history of HangarTwo during World War Two is another story in itself.
But the hangar sets there day by day wasting away.

Even years ago, The Ft Wayne Mad Modellers held competition meets there with old timer gas model airplanes.
One of those members was Walker "Bud" Mahurin, who would fly into the history books over Europe in World War Two.
I myself flew gas free flight on the west edge of the airport back in the 60's.
The runways are the last of their kind .If you ever drive by Smith Fielld , you will notice the runways cross and are higher at the crossing.
This is what was known as a "domed runway system".
There was a good reason for it.
One was drainage, and the other was because the the first airliners did not have brakes. As they rollled up hill, they slowed down.
When they took off , as they reached the center of the field they started downhill picking up speed.

400 feet??? What a joke!
Last edited by ErcoupeEd; Feb 21, 2019 at 05:35 PM.
Apr 26, 2019, 12:40 PM

Living w/ the 400' limit by staying out of the Class G

So, we will need to have new version of ALES soaring-- rather than cutting OFF at a certain altitude, the motor will need to kick ON before we drop through the Class E floor into the underlying Class G, Class D, etc. At this point the flight will be disqualified and the glider will be flown home for landing at a location such as Firefly where it is legal to descend back down to the surface.

For more see https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...at-400-ceiling

Steve
Last edited by aeronaut999; Apr 26, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Apr 26, 2019, 12:54 PM
2.1.9 Forever
Your other post starts with "Not much chatter about this lately." Maybe it would be better if you helped keep it that way.
Apr 26, 2019, 03:11 PM
Trolling behavior is not appreciated ... welcome to my Ignore List ...

Quick Reply