This thread is privately moderated by phil alvirez, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2018, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
Cool

what do birds think when thermalling?

i fly gliders with the purpose of catching thermals. no competition. just thermaling. some times birds are into same thermal and we fly together for a while.
i enjoy enormously doing so. and i wonder what would the birds think or feel when thermaling? they seem to be enjoying it a lot, otherwise wouldnt be doing it. some do it for gaining height and then head into the direction where they want to go. others to seek for prey or dead animals to feed on.
but others dont seem to go anywhere... just stay there seemingly forever.
as a matter of fact, when thermaling, i feel as if i were the plane. i am flying! and is an exhilarating experience to me. if you fly for thermal you understand (if not, you wont . ) all those birds that thermal...seems to me that it is the reason for them to be. and albatross, that spend all day, day after day soaring...i wish i were a bird that flies into thermals. wouldnt you?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply