Dec 25, 2004, 12:20 PM
Thread OP

Quasar 3D biplane from hobby lobby

Just saw this on their site and it looks pretty cool, large pre printed depron full fuse bipe. Looks like something from Carvin. Any of them flying out there?

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/quasar.htm
Last edited by hotairflyer; Dec 26, 2004 at 10:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 25, 2004, 01:26 PM
RCG Admin
I just finished mine and flew it this morning. I love it. The wing loading is crazy. It just floats and does anything you want. I love the inverted harriers. Can't wait to get it indoors.

Jason
Hobby Lobby Asst Sales Mgr
Dec 25, 2004, 04:55 PM
BOSS
I've been really close to ordering one.

But I must be crazy to buy a $90 bipe!

Someone needs to show me why this thing is worth $90...

Sure, Super slow KE, awesome aerobatics, but its just depron!? Someone explain, please?

Jon
Dec 25, 2004, 05:05 PM
Boss248
Boss248
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_z_123
I've been really close to ordering one.

But I must be crazy to buy a $90 bipe!

Someone needs to show me why this thing is worth $90...

Sure, Super slow KE, awesome aerobatics, but its just depron!? Someone explain, please?

Jon
Jon..you ain't crazy..$90.00 is insane for a 10 oz. foamy with no motor..must be expensive paint......
Come on HL...lets get the price down to $60.00..and even $60.00 is to much...I am not slamming HL but $90.00 is ridiculous.

Boss
Dec 25, 2004, 05:11 PM
BOSS
Thank you...

I do really want one though

Btw, http://www.nesail.com/detail.php?productID=3160

http://www.icare-rc.com/quasar.htm

Also, not bashing HL, but C'mon..

I'm soo tempted to get this

Jon
Last edited by j_z_123; Dec 25, 2004 at 05:31 PM.
Dec 25, 2004, 05:22 PM
Boss248
Boss248
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_z_123
Thank you....

For that much I might as well go and buy another E3D Kit...

I do really want one though

Jon
One thing's for sure Jon..there will be plenty of takers at $90.00..and HL can charge whatever they want because they know there are people foolish enough to plop down the bux, so HL can charge whatever they want.

Boss
Dec 25, 2004, 05:38 PM
The Quasar is produced by top model, france...it is based on the bipe benoit paysant le roux flew in carvin 2003, but benoit has nothing to do with this.
Top model "just built one themselves" which surprisingly looked like benoits.

Well,,,

Streetprice here in europe is 59 Euros, which comes down to 78 US-Dollar, then add shipping, tax...

But i would not call people fools because they spent money in this(any) kit.
Well, in times, where people buy one kit, than make templates for the whole club, it is easy to complain about the price . But the kits have to be developed (in this case, well)..ok, kits have to be produced, paint has to come on it etc...

I would even say, it is a kind of smartness buying a kit, already painted, built fast..and then concentrate on flying...why not...no one is forced into anything...if you can afford spending, why not??
Dec 25, 2004, 06:07 PM
80 buc's over at nsp, yah some of the imported kits seem high but at least this one has a built up fuse, similar price to the hell raiser and about the same size as the 2 cool with ultra low wing loading. the shockys are imported too and seem cheap considering the hardware they give u as compared to a mini 3dx free plans and the 15 buc shipping charge from dupron usa
Dec 25, 2004, 06:23 PM
I was lucky enough to get a peek of this thing at Hobby Lobby some time ago. I got to see Flyboone fly their proto, and all I can say is wow! It was very light, and flew light on the wings.
By Armin's math, it doesn't seem that bad... Seriously. The thing was well engineered, stiff and flew very well.
Dec 25, 2004, 07:06 PM
JOX
JOX

Quasar

Bought mine @nesail.com on sale for 54.00$ Check out this video, it is the 2nd plane that flies in it w/ an AXI 2204-54. Haven't built it but the finish looks great!! I am gonna strap a python 60 on this baby.

http://www.mimei.jp/~r/movie/Indoor2004_10_31_2.wmv
Dec 25, 2004, 09:15 PM
i guess i musta missed that sale, is it still on
Dec 25, 2004, 09:29 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
I'd buy it for $54 in a heartbeat.

Kirby
Dec 25, 2004, 09:31 PM
JOX
JOX

Sale

Was a couple of weeks ago under weekly/monthly specials.
Dec 25, 2004, 10:49 PM
BOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
I'd buy it for $54 in a heartbeat.

Kirby

Ditto. Maybe the price is higher than others to create less demand, so the supply won't get to low... Kinda like what is happening with the tensor?

In any event.... Anyone have a flight report?

Jon
Dec 26, 2004, 12:19 AM
You cant beat 55 bucks for the Horizon tensor or Ultimate or tribute, all come with motors besides tensor. All very fast builds and fly awsome....I say 90 bucks could go towards 2 tensors lol.....opie

Quick Reply