RCG Place of the Month - RC Country Hobbies

This month's featured Place is RC Country Hobbies located in Sacramento, CA. They have 12,00 square feet of fun!

Splash

RCGroups September Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is RC Country Hobbies located in Sacramento, CA. R/C Country Hobbies opened its doors in September of 1988 in a 2600 square foot building on Power Inn Rd that was 1000 square feet of retail space and 1600 square feet of warehouse.

They quickly became Sacramento's go-to spot for aerial RC and after 8 years in that location they had run out of space! In July of 1996 they moved to the present location on Folsom Blvd with a square footage of 8000. In 2002 more space became available and the poor cramped Aircraft department moved into the adjoining 4000 square foot space that it occupies today. Their total store footage is 12,000 square feet of displayed radio control hobbies and toys!

They now are home to one of the largest and most heavily stocked showrooms in the State of California, with a broad selection of remote control hobby supplies of all sorts, trains, toys, science kits and rockets!

Check out the RC Country Hobbies Places Page

Sep 21, 2018, 01:49 PM
I visit this store every time I’m in Sacramento, fully stocked shelves! And plenty of spare parts and all the hardware we buy online, they have it here. Probably the best hobby shop in all of California. Tubing, carbon, fiberglass, Epoxy, balsa wood, you name it, they have it in stock.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Sep 21, 2018, 02:08 PM
AeroDan
If and when the day comes my wife & I visit the state capitol, I’ll make it a point of stopping by. This store look’s incredible!!!!
Sep 22, 2018, 02:46 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Been there , love it ! Can’t get out , another eye candy store very cool ! Also tons of tiny RC boat details that work great for RC plane interior cockpits !
Sep 23, 2018, 09:00 AM
AA6JB
And don't forget the huge annual parking lot swap meet ... folks often start arriving at midnight! Good times!
Sep 23, 2018, 07:41 PM
That thing almost hit me
One of the last great Hobby Shops. I stop there whenever I'm driving by.
Latest blog entry: Talon Maiden
Sep 26, 2018, 03:00 PM
Wandering IT geek
I also visit R/C Country nearly every time I'm in Sacramento and always try to spend some money while there. They have stuff to attract all ages and many interests, knowledgeable staff and lots of parts in stock for trains, slot cars as well as R/C cars and airplanes.

My ONLY complaint is that they're not open on Sundays...
Oct 13, 2018, 12:40 PM
I guess that I am a bit spoiled. This is my local hobby shop. I have been shopping there for over a decade. They have a huge selection of all types of hobbies,

Quick Reply