Sep 25, 2018, 12:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiBell
Any chance on a picture with the hatch off. Looking forward inside around the fuel tank. If I pull the trigger on this one It's a VVRC 20. Basically a copy of the DLE20.
OH and how wide is the cowl? It looks wide enough that a side exhaust engine will fit with a wrap around muffler.
Ignition fits easy below. Put the tech aero Ibec down below on plane too also.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2018, 12:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiBell
Any chance on a picture with the hatch off. Looking forward inside around the fuel tank. If I pull the trigger on this one It's a VVRC 20. Basically a copy of the DLE20.
OH and how wide is the cowl? It looks wide enough that a side exhaust engine will fit with a wrap around muffler.
Hope this helps. Sorry itís dirty. Just got done flying a event.
Sep 26, 2018, 11:21 AM
Did you add any weight with the EVO to balance?
Sep 26, 2018, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Did you add any weight with the EVO to balance?
I think on mine there is 2-3oz of lead. I may not even need it. I didnít have a manual for the first two. It was still being wrote when I built these. It was just safe to be sorry. All depends on battery choice and placement when and where you will need the weight. Thatís why I also have the Big 4000 life up front. Follow my layout and you will be just fine
Sep 26, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
These are at Joe Nall in the Fall
Sep 27, 2018, 01:58 PM
Thread OP
Horizon hobby Facebook like at Joe Nall about the New P51

https://www.facebook.com/HorizonHobb...2728077359746/
Sep 29, 2018, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
Anyone pre order one of these yet?
Oct 01, 2018, 09:55 AM
I am not a fan of the Evolution engines but I also have read about the issues with rear carb mounting of many of the optional engines. How much of an issue is the? I would be interested in this as a gas powered airplane as I don't really want to add another electric to the fleet, but if the engine options are so limited this will be a problem. Also,, if we can get around the engine issue, is there space to add a smoke tank as this with a smoke system would be very cool
Oct 01, 2018, 11:45 AM
I don't see the room to add smoke. It's only a 20cc plane. Also with a rear carb engine like the dle 20, the linkages will have to take up the space where the gas tank is. I'm sure it can be done, but we installed the Evo 20 and it runs fantastic and easy to fit. Just get creative and you should be able to fit a dle style engine.
Oct 01, 2018, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182
I don't see the room to add smoke. It's only a 20cc plane. Also with a rear carb engine like the dle 20, the linkages will have to take up the space where the gas tank is. I'm sure it can be done, but we installed the Evo 20 and it runs fantastic and easy to fit. Just get creative and you should be able to fit a dle style engine.
Well was a thought.
Oct 01, 2018, 12:04 PM
Sucker for biplanes
The manual states the distance between the firewall and spinner is 6.25Ē. I plan on running a VVRC 20 on mine which I have mounted on a stick right now. The distance between the firewall and spinner is only 5.5Ē with room to spare. The DLE, VVRC 20ís should fit fine, donít let them make you think the Evolution 20 is the only choice.
Oct 01, 2018, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER
The manual states the distance between the firewall and spinner is 6.25Ē. I plan on running a VVRC 20 on mine which I have mounted on a stick right now. The distance between the firewall and spinner is only 5.5Ē with room to spare. The DLE, VVRC 20ís should fit fine, donít let them make you think the Evolution 20 is the only choice.

The Evolution 20 is not the only choice, but I consider it the easiest choice. You may install what you like and and no hard feelings. I have used DLE, RCGF, EME engines. And just put a VVRC 20 low profile in a customers older H9 P47 ARF.

I am just no longer a fan of the rear carb, choke linkages and weird placements. But it is all
Personal preference. As for adding smoke there is ample room under the fuel tank where I installed
The ignition for a smoke pump. There is a door under the tank for easy access.

As for the extra tank it would have to be small
And on the CG. See my install pictures on the first few pages so you get a idea.

It can all be done with placement and careful layout. Heck this thing would rock with a OS 1.60AX.

Thatís part of this hobby. Doing it how you like. No matter what engine option you choose, I wish you well
And you will enjoy the mustang no matter what you decide.

I have a few planes Iíd love to have smoke on. But it adds weight and the smoke oil wrecks havoc on covering. I like to keep my stuff in pristine condition so I havenít yet added smoke on any of my fleet.
Oct 01, 2018, 12:35 PM
Sucker for biplanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashEMhard
The Evolution 20 is not the only choice, but I consider it the easiest choice. You may install what you like and and no hard feelings. I have used DLE, RCGF, EME engines. And just put a VVRC 20 low profile in a customers older H9 P47 ARF.

I am just no longer a fan of the rear carb, choke linkages and weird placements. But it is all
Personal preference. As for adding smoke there is ample room under the fuel tank where I installed

And on the CG. See my install pictures on the first few pages so you get a idea.

It can all be done with placement and careful layout. Heck this thing would rock with a OS 1.60AX.

Thatís part of this hobby. Doing it how you like. No matter what engine option you choose, I wish you well

I have a few planes Iíd love to have smoke on. But it adds weight and the smoke oil wrecks havoc on covering. I like to keep my stuff in pristine condition so I havenít yet added smoke on any of my fleet.
I hear you, just stating that the rear carb engines will fit. I'm just not a fan of the Evolution engines. The thing is the Evo 20 comes with the Pitts muffler and drops right in, that's nice. Looking forward to adding this P-51 to the hangar.
Oct 01, 2018, 05:17 PM
How long are the struts from axel to end not including the mounting pin? thinking about using them in another project
Oct 02, 2018, 10:12 AM
Bad Dog Smokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashEMhard

crashEMhard,
Smoke Oil is hard on covering, but smoke is not. The key to not making a mess is all about the oil delivery. There are Atomizing Smoke Oil Injection Nozzles available that will drastically reduce or eliminate unburnt oil residue. Even on a smaller 20cc motors. As for the extra weight, a Holy Smokes pump is just over 2 ounces and can be run from your RX battery. Another benefit to atomizing is you will be able to smoke longer with the same amount of fluid because your using less. In smaller airframes where weight and space are of concern, you can reduce the size of the smoke oil tank and still retain good smoke times per flight.

Quick Reply