This thread is privately moderated by Micubano, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2018, 02:43 PM
Flying every chance I get!
Thread OP
Discussion

Son's Birthday Week

At NEAT Fair he picked up a Hobby King Arctic Cat Kit and Bonsai II PNF Wing plus a RC Cores 22" Mini Yak. He also got an E-Flite PT-17 1.1. Plus we are almost done building an RA Cores Spitfire that I bought a few years ago and pretty much forgot about. He put Fortnite guns on the wings already, so that is his too. I'd rather have him keep getting planes to fly and doing Fortnite themes that playing Fortnite . That's not a bad haul for a kid who just turned 13.
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 78" Extra
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2018, 06:39 PM
Happy birthday to your son! I have a recently minted thirteen year old as well, getting pretty good with his Dynam Hawksky and can get the Tigermoth around the pattern but no landings yet. The Eflite Stearman looks like a great plane and I'll probably get one to replace my 15e when it hits its expiration date.

We're dealing with Fortnite as well, allowing some time provided grades are maintained but I won't miss it. Enjoy flying together!
Sep 21, 2018, 08:42 AM
Flying every chance I get!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citationfxr
Happy birthday to your son! I have a recently minted thirteen year old as well, getting pretty good with his Dynam Hawksky and can get the Tigermoth around the pattern but no landings yet. The Eflite Stearman looks like a great plane and I'll probably get one to replace my 15e when it hits its expiration date.

We're dealing with Fortnite as well, allowing some time provided grades are maintained but I won't miss it. Enjoy flying together!
I started my son too early (around 6) and he didn't enjoy it. This summer he started flying his little PT-17 again after taking a year or two off from flying. He mentioned to me he didn't remember being good at flying and I reminded him he has a UMX Yak 180 that he used to take to the club and he never crashed it. After that he started trying everything we own. Oddly enough, the only plane he has crashed with the UMX Pitts. Something about turning with it. It's like he loses orientation.

He has friends over last week and they were all trying to play Fortnite. I turned it off. Then I gave them his DX6 and an old UMX Radian with 6 batteries and told my son go teach his friends how to fly at the park. That got them out for about an hour and everything came home working.
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 78" Extra

Quick Reply