Sep 20, 2018, 09:15 AM
Recon 7
Thread OP
Data

FreeX SkyView is still viable.

Because GOOGLE still has a lot of these threads indexed and there are still many FreeX videos on youtube I thought I would make this updated thread for any of you folks that get your hands on a used SkyView or are thinking of buying a new one from the retailers that still have them.

I bought mine in 2014. I put it into storage at the end of 2015 as I was leaving the US for a while for work. I opened my storage box last week and took out my skyview.

This is what I found:

The battery had swollen and was no longer usable.

The Firmware uploader and USB dongle driver and the Flight controller tool all refused to work now that we switched over to WIN10.

I installed a new battery, got the updated driver for the USB, ran the uploader as ADMIN and installed the latest firmware.

All is well. Flies as new.

Bottom line:

Still a pretty decent little quad even compared to all that fancy DJI nonsense.

http://parkrcmodels.com/index.php?cPath=182

^ for Skyview parts,
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply