Sep 18, 2018, 05:58 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Float Fly at Murphey-Candler Park

I am going to float fly at Murphey-Candler Park on Friday, September 21st starting at about 10am. I have a new rescue boat that I am going to bring for sea trials. I think Mark Thompson is going to bring his PROVEN rescue airboat too.

Here is the map for Murphey-Candler

Please let me know if you are planning to come. Flying isn't as much fun by myself and I might not go if I am going to be alone !

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2018, 09:42 AM
I'll be there ! Have to reprogram my new Tx for my floatplanes. Lookin' forward to it !!
Sep 18, 2018, 09:44 AM
Is Mark's Albatross finished? Hoping to build one myself soon.
Sep 18, 2018, 04:43 PM
Sounded like he didn't like how it flew?

How long will you all be there?
Sep 18, 2018, 05:17 PM
Thread OP
Usually we fly from 10 until about 2. Never later than 3 so we don't have to contend with Perimeter traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergall
Sounded like he didn't like how it flew?

How long will you all be there?
Sep 18, 2018, 08:47 PM
Earliest I could get there would be 4, but hopefully, I'll be at the Triple Tree lake the next Friday.
Sep 22, 2018, 07:13 AM
Thread OP
Friday float fly was a lot of fun. I maidened my new rescue boat. Good news and bad news.

She is slow as molasses in January :-(. Good news is that the FPV system, the recovery arms, and the small parts rescue net all worked as intended. I have to learn something about boat propulsion though. Her twin motors should have given me enough power to move stricken aircraft and in the end she did, but just damn she was sooooooo slow.

If anybody knows anything about boat power systems I sure would appreciate some guidance...

Quick Reply