Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by Sopwith Mike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 03, 2018, 03:48 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattZC
I have failsafe set up to go all surfaces neutral and throttle cut. Almost had a plane fly away once so I learned that lesson real quick. I'll double check to make sure it's not set up to give full right aileron.
The thing is that both of the times I've encountered this glitch it has been immediately after applying right aileron. As you can see in the video I have started my right turn, then it locks out and applies full aileron in the same direction that I was starting the turn to.
My thought was the motors didn't stop; but aileron went to one end of travel could failsafe values for aileron & throttle channel be reversed ie throttle = hold & aileron =zero????
Another thought - commonest failure mode of a servo is full to one side. Not necessarily every time. Changing the servo is cheap while you work through other possibilities.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 03, 2018, 04:32 PM
96RC/3178W
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
My thought was the motors didn't stop; but aileron went to one end of travel could failsafe values for aileron & throttle channel be reversed ie throttle = hold & aileron =zero????
Another thought - commonest failure mode of a servo is full to one side. Not necessarily every time. Changing the servo is cheap while you work through other possibilities.
Thats definitely something to look at. Curiously though, my friends P-38 with his Taranis and his X8R receiver encounter the same glitch like I stated, but I know for a fact that he doesn't have any failsafe set up. So my radio with my failsafe encountered the same condition as my friends radio without failsafe in two different places with different servos, different receivers and different transmitters. If there wasn't these similarities in the two incidents I would have already replaced the servo. I'll confirm all my programming to double-check.

Quick Reply