Emcotec Magnetic Locking System for Wing Connections

This has to be one of the coolest new accessories we've seen. Now there is a magnetic locking system that will secure your wings when you slide them on.

Splash

No More Screws for Wing Connections

This has to be one of the coolest new accessories we've seen. Magnetic switches have been around a long time, they let you turn on your model with the swipe of a magnet and it feels like the future. Now there is a magnetic locking system that will secure your wings when you slide them on. You install it into your wing and fuselage and when connected, it provides a secure lock that would take over 200KG of force to remove. However, when you are ready to break down your model for the day, you simply touch the magnet to the area where the mechanism is, you'll hear a click and you can then easily remove the wing. It's must faster and a lot easier than using screws and it is just as secure.

Specifications:

• Diameter: 18mm (0.71in)
  • Length: 14mm (0.55in)
  • Loose weight: 7g (0.25oz)
  • Max. static strain relief: 200kg (440.92lb)

For More Info on the Emcotec Magnetic Locking System for Wing Connections Click Here

Sep 17, 2018, 01:26 PM
EDF all the way!
But per web site they can not sell it to the USA. Bummer.
Bob
Sep 17, 2018, 02:39 PM
Not new - these have been around for a good few years.

But yes it looks like you can't have them in North America (or Japan)
Quote:
Please Note: Due to license restrictions this product cannot be sold in USA, Canada and Japan.
http://www.nexusmodels.co.uk/emcotec...py-a85265.html
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 17, 2018, 02:48 PM
RCG Admin
Word is AeroPanda can get them, but I haven't confirmed that.
Sep 17, 2018, 09:42 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Neat. I kinda wish I had a plane that needed them.
Sep 18, 2018, 12:08 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Not at that price... ever. I have my own magnetic system.
Sep 18, 2018, 05:04 AM
I own some pricey equipment but the price for this is ridiculous.
Sep 18, 2018, 07:28 AM
serial scratchbuilder
I'm sure the coolness of removing your wings quickly is enough "justification coil" for some to ignore the price.
Sep 18, 2018, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
I own some pricey equipment but the price for this is ridiculous.

I disagree. I would gladly pay this on my larger planes if it came preinstalled. In fact, I would pay more.
Sep 19, 2018, 05:19 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Odd license restriction
Perhaps the yet to be announced company that will have an exclusive in the USA has yet to be announced?
Sep 19, 2018, 05:20 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
They do make an interesting magnetic servo connector as well ...
Seems like a nice upgrade from the 6 pin green Multiplex connector
https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/Wi...ge&rdebox=box1
Sep 19, 2018, 08:26 AM
UAS Pilot - FAA# *******HRK
Trying to figure out what the purpose of the second through hole, the one above the locking pin hole, is for? Is it capped on on both ends or ????

What I'm thinking is the locking pin with the tapered allen head pushes up a spring loaded latch pin that falls down once the head passes by. You then use your handheld external magnet to override the spring pressure and pull up the latch pin to unlock the tapered head pin.

Mike
Sep 19, 2018, 10:01 AM
Looks like a terrific solution to a non-problem.
Sep 19, 2018, 01:53 PM
C.H.E.A.P.

^^^^^^^

Sep 19, 2018, 03:52 PM
Bombs away! Err...landing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashCrash
Looks like a terrific solution to a non-problem.
I dunno, I'd really like to be able to, for example, just push the wing into place on my Calmato and have it click, lock and be done. No fiddling with servo connectors, no fiddling with screws.

Quick Reply