Sep 17, 2018, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

kit plans?

im in need of some plans for some kits I have that do not have the plans in them.
so does anybody have a pdf plan for these kits or a link. im having a terrible time finding them.

great planes sport float kit 20 size
great planes rapture 40 60" wingspan
great planes pier j-3 cub 76.5" wingspan
great planes super decathalon 40 acquired a set
dynaflite fly baby 1/4 scale 84" wingspan acquired a set

any and all help is greatly appreciated
thank you
Last edited by mxzmadness700; Sep 27, 2018 at 07:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2018, 02:09 PM
Neophyte hacker
Have you tried contacting Great Planes. The instruction manuals are free dowload. Don't know if they have plans.
Sep 18, 2018, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
no luck with great planes/ horizon hobby.
I have all the instruction manuals im in need of the parts palns
Sep 18, 2018, 12:08 PM
You may be looking for something that doesn't exist. They would have included some type of plan that the model could be build on, but some manufacturers wouldn't print actual parts on their plans, making it more difficult for other's to copy their designs. In the modern era there's no reason to do that, as anyone can copy and rework a design with scans and CAD, but part omission from plans was done in the past.
Sep 18, 2018, 01:41 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
quiick search on the GP Rapture came up with the GP site for discontinued models, here's the Rapture, the 'Product Manual' is in .pdf format at the bottom of the page.

Rapture 40

At the top of the page it says, 'airplanes index', I assume other models are there.

Google is often very handy.
Sep 18, 2018, 04:12 PM
Neophyte hacker
I think that's the problem. You can get instruction manuals, but, no plans.

The plans were pretty important when I built the GP Ryan STA EP many years ago so I suspect they are needed for the others as well.

One idea. Find some plans for similar plane on outerzone and scale it to size. Between that and the instruction manual you could probably do the builds.

charlie
Sep 20, 2018, 07:31 PM
Thread OP
i have all the manuals, ive spoken with greg prater at the ama plans deptpartment in the museum.
they have a set of dynaflite se5a plans that I need but nothing else so im taking all my plans in my kits down there to them to scan and put into their library so anyone can get them now. im working with a few people with large plan collections and contacting people that have built them and had posts on websites..just need plans for 4 kits and il be happy I know its a longshot but you never know
Last edited by mxzmadness700; Sep 27, 2018 at 07:03 AM.
Sep 20, 2018, 07:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
Have you tried contacting Great Planes. The instruction manuals are free dowload. Don't know if they have plans.

great planes was purchased by 3 guys from what I hear and the building is sitting with no one working there.
all phone calls go to horizon hobby and they all act stupid , except 1 guy that has spoken with them before and he is trying to help me out

Quick Reply