May 23, 2019, 03:10 AM
Crikey never leave beer behind
Thread OP
Pfft,nothing that could not be fixed Owen
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2019, 03:31 AM
Thread OP
Port wing still fits ,only have to reconnect the starboard flap and everything works again , now to remember what the colours were ,Moss green rings a bell
May 23, 2019, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
Finished the last of the Wybung Tomahawk 60 fuses today , now to get back on to either building a new PSSer of getting the Hurricane up and going again
You're a champion Steve. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

I'm going to Ross's on the weekend to help with some wings. I'm really interested to get hands on with the whole vac-bagging thing.
May 23, 2019, 09:43 AM
That friggin Laird Guy
Too bad my "cover girl" hurricane won't fit in the coffin (well that and it weighs a freaking ton)
May 23, 2019, 11:36 PM
Thread OP
yep love your hurricane Brian , mine is well on the road to recovery now
May 24, 2019, 10:19 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Stehl at Cajon (0 min 30 sec)

Stehl at Mexican Restaurant. (0 min 20 sec)
May 25, 2019, 10:48 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Today at Cajon Pass .....
May 25, 2019, 10:53 PM
Thread OP
OK Owen , it wasn't your launch of the Hurricane ,thing was 337grams nose heavy I have just re balanced ,that would explain the nose dive launch .Only took a few years to work it out
May 26, 2019, 01:44 AM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
OK Owen , it wasn't your launch of the Hurricane ,thing was 337grams nose heavy I have just re balanced ,that would explain the nose dive launch .Only took a few years to work it out
Struth!
May 26, 2019, 02:11 AM
Crafter of flying plugs
Quote:
Good! I haven't seen that get away cleanly, and I gave it two launches that year. First one puckered the chocolate starfish. Nice to know there was a reason. Boomer on the other hand wanted to fly!
May 26, 2019, 02:38 AM
Themadartist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Hedger
Good! I haven't seen that get away cleanly, and I gave it two launches that year. First one puckered the chocolate starfish. Nice to know there was a reason. Boomer on the other hand wanted to fly!
I don't think you should be so hard on yourself Steve, my recollection is that it was fair howling when those launches took place, and I think the Boomerang launch was more successful because it was given the nudge a fair bit closer to the edge of the hill - sort of "straight into the lift" as it were. Be great to see the Hurricane in the air this year. Cheers, Steve.

Not trying to bring back bad memories, but see if you all agree ...

Hurricane and Boomerang at MSF13 (2 min 8 sec)
May 26, 2019, 08:59 PM
Thread OP

Colour matching

I take my hat off to the guys that can get it perfect, but this is as close as I could get to the original colour as I dont remember what colour it was I used and it's probably not available anymore anyway
May 26, 2019, 09:07 PM
Just Toss It !!!
I'm sure you'll get a nasty call from RAAF for violating the color code.....postdated to 1943.
May 26, 2019, 09:10 PM
Just Toss It !!!
Today at the C.O.W....
May 26, 2019, 11:14 PM
Entropy is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy97
........................., but see if you all agree ...
No!
It just verifies Steve W's later findings: forward CG.
It is always good when a valid reason is later found for a crash.
Last edited by Jim.Thompson; May 27, 2019 at 01:20 AM.

Quick Reply